Author Topic: Bill Oreilly got it right  (Read 581 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Bill Oreilly got it right
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:32:54 PM »
I've never been a big fan of Oreilly, but for once he made sense.  We're all wondering what the Repubs need to do, or whether we need a more conservative candidate.  It's too late for that.  More than half the demographic would have voted for Obama anyway.  The national demographic has changed.  We angry white southern males are now the minority.  Biblical morals....out, gay marriage...in.  Self sufficiency....out,  waiting on a government handout....in.  Illegal immigration....doesn't matter anymore, they are a voting demographic. 

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: Bill Oreilly got it right
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »
 What keeps crossing my mind is.."Bush DID do this".  Yup our demographic is forever changed and I wouldn't be shocked to never see the repubs in control of much of anything else, on the federal level anyways. Maybe though, after obamanomics takes hold, folks will once again look to the republican/3rd party to somehow get us out of this mess. J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »
IMO it will have to be a 3rd party.  The repub's control the purse strings in the house, but lack the gonads to really push for less spending.  At some point, sooner rather than later, we run out of money.  If we take ALL the income from millionaires and up, we run the country for about 3 mos.  Guess who has to ante up the rest?

We WILL pay this bill one way or another...or we leave it to our grandchildren...not apropos in my book.

Ben

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »
You cannot fight the demographic shift, it may change, but I do not believe there is anything "angry white males" are going to do about it. The next probable shift will be when the "minorities" can no longer call themselves minorities, and will be battling each other for the last scrap of victimhood. Meanwhile, I plan to enjoy myself. I will probably not live long enough to see this play out into the next phase, the future belongs to my grandchildren now. My life is mostly an exercise in external ballistics, the course is set, lean back and enjoy the ride.
     You can choose to be angry and bitter, or just figure out how to live well in the situation as it exists. This is kind of like the last days of the Vikings in Greenland. The climate changed, they made a cultural decision that they would rather die as europeans culturally, than make the changes necessary to survive. The last one died in the early 1400's. The Inuits were there also. They adapted. They still exist today. Both were valid choices , and within the right of the people to make. Who was right, that will never be known. You have a choice, WE have a choice.
     I have heard this is the beginning of 1000 years of darkness.... ::) I guess I had better get some new batteries for my night vision equipment. :)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
Shooter, I use the phrase "angry white males", because it was a media catch phrase for a while.  My SIL who makes a substantial income, and already pays out more than 40% in direct taxes, called me worried to death.  I advised him to pay off debt, buy food and hang on.  When the "masses" don't get what they want, and take to the streets, I want to lay low and hang on for the ride.

I'm too old to be very concerned for myself....I do worry if my grandchildren will have the survival skills they need however.

Ben

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »
I've never been a big fan of Oreilly, but for once he made sense.  We're all wondering what the Repubs need to do, or whether we need a more conservative candidate.  It's too late for that.  More than half the demographic would have voted for Obama anyway.  The national demographic has changed.  We angry white southern males are now the minority.  Biblical morals....out, gay marriage...in.  Self sufficiency....out,  waiting on a government handout....in.  Illegal immigration....doesn't matter anymore, they are a voting demographic. 

Ben
O'Reilly is more than a bit in love with his own opinion, after all he repeatedly has said Obama is a nice guy, and black people who have worked with Obama have repeatedly said one thing Obama is not, is a nice guy.
They have said Obama is for what he thinks should be and no one else's opinion matters.

Anyway-- Dick Morris not O'Reilly said what the problem is.
Republican and other professionals whose job is, or was, running and working in campaigns said that the Democrat turn out for voting in 2008 was an oddity-- it was not.
That is to a great degree what killed Romney, the Democrats went out and voted; the Republicans did not.
Romney got three million less votes than McCain got in an election where Republicans had every reason to go out and vote to get rid of the opposition.
Romney's half-assed campaign got the voter turn-out results any boring person reciting the same old, same old any such campaign will ever get.

The same Washington insiders ran Romeny's campaign that lost it for McCain.
Unless they get rid of the Washington insider Rinos that are losing campaign, they will keep losing.

As expected Pres. Obama has started reciting the same old, same old lies he did when he won last time about working with the opposition, while hours after winning his administration contacted the UN about bring back the UN law on gun control.

We are going to get the misery we deserve.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
Well Ben, we are exactly the same age, I am white, male, senior ::) , and not overly thrilled. My son is an attorney in KC and pays more in quarterly estimated income tax than I gross per year. He however just factors it in and is not worried. Meanwhile, my grandson has to avoid trouble because he catches all the neighborhood pets in snares.(He is 12) ;) I think you could throw that boy out of a plane over Brazil and he would walk into Rio speaking Portuguese in a year or two.
     I am ticked off by the demographic shifts, but as far as I can see, whatever I can do will not have any more effect than peeing in a fan. I have no illusion that it will get "better" overall, but that does not mean that I cannot adjust myself to make the best of the situation. I just take umbrage at the idea that somehow this is going to be catastrophic and unprecedented.
    We had a Civil War, two World Wars, a Great Depression, the 60's ( I know you were there-) This is like a boil on our butt, unpleasant , but hardly life threatening. We will make it OK.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
I'm gonna go out on that limb and say the Republican Party is in it's last years. Remember their Contract with America where they were going to reduce Gov't and spending. So we ended up with almost double the Gov't and spending like a drunken sailor. Neither the Republicans or the Democrats have a clue what this Gov't of ours is or what it's suppose to be. We need the 3rd party but a REAL, honest conservative party. Not the Ron Pauls or the Paulettes, a real honest party with no hidden agenda that grooms men of quality to run for office. Men so respectable that they make a preacher look like a drunken gambler running a baudy house. I think the time has come for this kind of party to exist and flourish. Maybe then we can quit being the welfare office to the world and end our being the worlds police dept. Who knows, maybe if we mind our own business for a change the world will quit hating us and start to admire us again.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 02:38:59 AM »
secession of the southern states is the answer for freedom lovers.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 03:15:38 AM »
You cannot fight the demographic shift, it may change, but I do not believe there is anything "angry white males" are going to do about it. The next probable shift will be when the "minorities" can no longer call themselves minorities, and will be battling each other for the last scrap of victimhood. Meanwhile, I plan to enjoy myself. I will probably not live long enough to see this play out into the next phase, the future belongs to my grandchildren now. My life is mostly an exercise in external ballistics, the course is set, lean back and enjoy the ride.
     You can choose to be angry and bitter, or just figure out how to live well in the situation as it exists. This is kind of like the last days of the Vikings in Greenland. The climate changed, they made a cultural decision that they would rather die as europeans culturally, than make the changes necessary to survive. The last one died in the early 1400's. The Inuits were there also. They adapted. They still exist today. Both were valid choices , and within the right of the people to make. Who was right, that will never be known. You have a choice, WE have a choice.
     I have heard this is the beginning of 1000 years of darkness.... ::) I guess I had better get some new batteries for my night vision equipment. :)

I enjoy your poast, twoshooter - thanks.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Anna

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »

Ben

Ben , there are still a lot of people who are asking about the MSM. And their saying it's to close to
call in all those key states on Tuesday night.  Was this a stall tactic to give the Obama people time to
(cook the books) so to say with the vote count ?
Sure it's to late, but every time it looked like Romney was ahead in these states Obama pulled ahead with a slim margin. Even if this were true, the Romney camp had to know about it.

I can still remember what Obama said about the elections in 08.That they were only a formality,that's
always the case with evil if you listen to it carefully. In the beginning it will always tell you what it intends to do. Then if you ignore that fact and let it go along with its plans anyway, that's free will and you welcomed it in of your own accord. After that anything else is only a formality .

We all know who and what his staff was back then, we even had an evangelic Christian running back then on the opposing ticket. This time it was a Mormon, no matter how you feel about Palin or Romney. Obama is playing by the rules of engagement in this matter, i have always gave him credit for doing that.  But it is us who are allowing him to do so with little or no resistance. And untill we call
him out publicly and make it stick, he has every right to do what he is doing.

Divine intervention? We need to look at ourselves before we can expect any of that on a grand scale.
JFK , ( Here on earth, Gods work must surly be our own). He also warned us before his death about
secret society's within our own Government. No conspiracy theory, this has been done time and time again down through mankinds history starting with Eve. Once you believe the lies or allow them to continue, then you are condemned to relive them of your own accord. We are not mind dead robots, we have a soul and with that gift comes our own accountability for our actions.

So on even a grander scale where the election is only a formality in its connection with a larger picture.
Obama won this fair and square, i hate to say that but he did.  Because we let him.So if your looking
for a more technical definition to this i can give that to you with just one phrase in what we have done.
It is the same thing we do in a lot of cases like this. We are enabling him to do what he is doing !
And by not acting on that it is us who are in denial of our actions.

We become the enablers, includeing myself. And start blaming everyone and everything else when it was us who failed to act when we had the chanch to do so. You reap what you sow, and we are now in it for the long haul.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:39 AM »
You forget, with the contract with America, they DID balance the budget, and were in line to pay off the debt by 2012.  However along came 9-11.  Also the deregulating of the banks in 1998 under Clinton with a Republican congress, BOTH did this, which caused the housing bubble.  Another thing, Ross Perot brought out, that Bush Senior started, and Clinton agreed and went along with it, the "Free Trade Agreements" which gutted our industry, the "giant sucking sound".  Lots of little things here and there that all add up.  It happened with both parties, but the Dems have succeded in demonising the Republicans because the downfall started after 2006, end even though dems controlled congress at that time, they blamed Bush for everything and it stuck.  Then some of it all goes back to 1972 when Nixon under a dem congress did away with the gold standard.  After WWII gold was chosen as a standard, with the American dollar as the worlds currency exchange.  With the excessive government spending on Johnson's Great Society, the Vietnam war, and the introduction of medicare and medicaid during Nixons reign with the approval of a dem congress and senate, the nations of the world were dumping the dollar and putting it into gold.  So Nixon had the gold standard done away with and went with fiat currency.  That lead to inflation, and recession, oil embargo by OPEC.  Finally Reagan stabilized things and had them turning around, until Bush Sr, started this NEO crap and was working on a free trade agreement with Canada and Mexico.  Lots of little things here and there. 

In order to go back to the gold standard, everything would have to stabilise and balance, budget and debt must be taken care of, then we can go back.  Republicans idea of drastic cuts is better, but we still might have to restructure taxes.  I

I just don't see any of this happening until Obama gets America down to the world level, militarialy and economically, to "spread the wealth around". 

We need to establish a barter system starting among ourselves.  Trade skills for food or things.  Bullets for beans, beans for bullets, etc, probably starting among ourselves, and with neighbors.  I think education for our young should include electricians, plumbers, heat & ac workers, welders, pipe fitters, carpenders, auto mechanics, equipment operators, farmers, canners & food preservers, reloaders, nurses, doctors, vet medicine, machine tools, metal forging. 

Learning old 1800's skills might also come in handy, like smoking meat, salt and sugar curing meat, canning, iron forging, petal powered sewing machines, steam powered equipment, including generators, making candles, making thread and cloth with spinning Jennys and weave machines.

Using modern self sufficiency like solar and wind for small scale electrical use.  Making biodiesel, making a still for alcohol fuel.  Getting out of stocks and bonds, if possible without excess tax or loss, investing in gold, sliver, copper, lead.  Not just investments on paper, but the real deal. 

With inflation coming, and higher taxes, bartering is going to be the underlying economy.  I saw glimses of it durring Carter.  It is also happening now. 

Offline jhm

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 05:48:13 AM »
     People calm down, take a deep breath, it doesnt matter how the GOP changes it isnt going to do a bit of difference, the Democratic liberal side has learned how to write themselves a check at the polling both and it wont matter who you run or what name you run them under it isnt going to change anything UNTIL the well goes dry and this next 4 years will be the straw that is going to break the camels back, when OBAMA goes to the foriegn countries to barrow some more money and they say NO and he has to tell the people he has no more to give and BTW he wants their cell phone back as he cant cover it anymore they will turn against him also.  Jim