Author Topic: New H&R actions  (Read 731 times)

Offline Saga01

• Trade Count: (0)
New H&R actions
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
Hi all.  I am looking to get a new H&R and was wondering if there is a difference trigger wise in the basic Handi-Rifle and the Ultra versions.  I tried to look in the FAQs, but this stupid phone doesn't have a search feature in the browser.  Thanks for your help and Tim,

Mike

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
Re: New H&R actions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »
The frames are the same, thus the same triggers. So all SB 2 frames are constructed the same way. What sets the Ultras part from the regular rifles are the stocks, fore ends, flutes and/or barrel length. With the 45-70, not only the fore mentioned, they have a Stainless Steel frame and barrel, but it is constructed the same as a regular frame/trigger group.

Good Luck and Good Shooting
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »
Hi all.  I am looking to get a new H&R and was wondering if there is a difference trigger wise in the basic Handi-Rifle and the Ultra versions.  I tried to look in the FAQs, but this stupid phone doesn't have a search feature in the browser.  Thanks for your help and Tim,

Mike

WELCOME!

It "use ta be" that the Ultras got nicer bluing and better triggers... That was a while back...Saddly, it ain't the case any longer  :-[ :-[ :-[

If your trigger is not up to snuff, and you send it back, H&R will do a trigger job, if its bad enough they will fix it for free too.  ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Saga01

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
Thanks,  I was hoping that was the case. 

Mike

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:03 AM »
I do not know about the very new offerings, but my SS Ultra 45-70 has a pretty good trigger. BTW, my criteria for that determination is that while shooting, if I dont notice the trigger is a problem, it isnt a problem. Strange, or luck of the draw, one of the sweetest triggers I ever had on an H&R was a 20ga.!
They also tend to get better over time. If you dont like your trigger, and the gun needs no other work, before sending it back to the factory we can likely get you on the right track.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974