Author Topic: Good morning. Welcome to the nanny state.  (Read 1554 times)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Good morning. Welcome to the nanny state.
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 05:18:48 PM »
To all those that are just completely convinced that the end is near, the sky is falling, and communism is coming to a home near you...................there is always Canada.  You voted for the lesser of two evils. ..............

Ahem!!
We do require certain qualifications, especially if you happen to be White! :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »
GOOD MORNING AMERIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a particular reason for the "K" instead the "C" ?

It's one of those things......if ya cain't figger it out, no one can 'splain it to ya. :P ;)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
Nanny State is right. A couple hours ago, while taking daughter for a ride on FZ, got pulled by police in shopping center parking lot as we left. Kop said they'd received calls complaining of man with little girl on back of motorcycle, and isn't there a law against that? (NO). Still, he detained me for fifteen minutes while dispatcher/lawyer/whatever on the other end looked to see if they could charge me. They could not.

This just pissed me off.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Jack Ripper

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »
I am surprised the SS did not manufacture a charge. >:(
Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war room. Lifetime member of shootin stuff.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 07:38:08 AM »
I am surprised the SS did not manufacture a charge. >:(

SS what ??
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
Nanny State is right. A couple hours ago, while taking daughter for a ride on FZ, got pulled by police in shopping center parking lot as we left. Kop said they'd received calls complaining of man with little girl on back of motorcycle, and isn't there a law against that? (NO). Still, he detained me for fifteen minutes while dispatcher/lawyer/whatever on the other end looked to see if they could charge me. They could not.

This just pissed me off.

ok yur rite to be pissed. what was the cop thinking? he wanted to ticket you for giving your daughter a bike ride? this is the nanny state post tho.ill bet within 5 yrs it be illeagal to have a kid less than 16 on a bike. wait and see!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »

This just pissed me off.

ok yur rite to be pissed. what was the cop thinking? he wanted to ticket you for giving your daughter a bike ride? this is the nanny state post tho.ill bet within 5 yrs it be illeagal to have a kid less than 16 on a bike. wait and see!
actually... he said as much. While he 'detained' me, and dispatcher/gov't lawyer checked the statutes... he came back and said there was move afoot in legislature to add min age of 16. But it hadn't been passed, yet, so he couldn't charge me. I kept pretty quiet; normally I'd have been inclined to tell him to ---- hisself, but my daughter was there, and I don't have MC lic (i let it lapse a couple years ago, and now the bozos want me to make appt to take a test, even though I've been riding since Jimmy Carter was Prez). He didn't ask, I didn't tell. Truth is... he was okay cop, somewhat embarassed at pulling me over and apologetic (he's shopping for a bike)
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Casull

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
normally I'd have been inclined to tell him to ---- hisself

I'd say that is part of the problem (and pretty tough to reconcile with the Golden Rule).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
normally I'd have been inclined to tell him to ---- hisself

I'd say that is part of the problem
what problem is that, related to being pulled over for... violation of non-law?
(and pretty tough to reconcile with the Golden Rule).
Well, we live in a fallen world, and I've never claimed perfection. And give me credit, I didn't express that high estimation of his athleticism. But hey, good fer you, yer payin' attention! Ive noted you've got an obsession w/Golden Rule, and perceived shortcoming:
The man is hurting and THIS is what you offer?  Sorriest example of the golden rule I've ever heard... The man is hurting and THIS is what you offer?  Sorriest example of the golden rule I've ever heard.... I'd say that is part of the problem (and pretty tough to reconcile with the Golden Rule).
wassup wit dat, homie? Are you interested in the Golden Rule, too? If you'd like to start a thread on this, I'll come visit it!

On topic ... it's some lame BS to get pulled by the cops on suspicion of violating a non-existent law... but I know those guys, and especially the apparatus behind them, are in the business of staying in business, so sometimes they gotta stretch a bit. It could have been worse.

Offline Casull

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »
Ive noted you've got an obsession w/Golden Rule, and perceived shortcoming:

Naw, it's just that everytime you post something attacking someone, that Golden Rule is just staring back at me.

On topic ... it's some lame BS to get pulled by the cops on suspicion of violating a non-existent law... but I know those guys, and especially the apparatus behind them, are in the business of staying in business, so sometimes they gotta stretch a bit. It could have been worse.

Yep, damned cop responds to citizen calls, checks into it because he's aware of some pending legislation that may have been passed, pretends to be a decent guy while he's sorting it out, and then apologetically sends you on your way (without a valid license).  What a jackbooted thug.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
Ive noted you've got an obsession w/Golden Rule, and perceived shortcoming:
Naw, it's just that everytime you post something attacking someone, that Golden Rule is just staring back at me.
Attacking? That's bad, right?  Well, gee... imagine how upset you'd be if I were bad-mouthing Muslims, talking about killing Mexicans, or whining about the imminent threat of Negroes rioting - just imagine what would be staring you in the face then!

What a jackbooted thug...
(shrug) I never called him that... but there are a few of them. And you should see those jerk-offs down at the court house & sheriff's office....

Offline Casull

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
Well, gee... imagine how upset you'd be if I were bad-mouthing Muslims, talking about killing Mexicans, or whining about the imminent threat of Negroes rioting - just imagine what would be staring you in the face then!

You are right.  That would be even MORE hypocritical (coming from a guy with the Golden Rule listed under his every post).
Aim small, miss small!!!