Author Topic: pawn shop trips...gotta love them  (Read 637 times)

Offline brayh92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
pawn shop trips...gotta love them
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
I was in town today getting a few things on the way home i figured it couldnt hurt to stop at one of the local pawn shops and see what they have so i stopped at one i was close to and looked around a little bit saw a nice handi in .280 rem but they wanted almost 400 for it with a junky tasco on it so i had to pass on that one cause they wouldnt come off the price at all also had a nice USH with a bushnell scope on it but it was way over priced also so i passed. When i got in the truck i relized i was in the haggling mood so i went to another pawn shop that has done me some good in the past. I went in was drooling over a few M1 Garand's they had but a little more than i wanna spend rite now for them lol then my eye caught a old case colored 12 gauge with rifle sights in the back of opne of there shelves i had them get it out for me looked it all over turns out it was a old case colored tracker II slug gun with rifled barrel the price tag said 180 well after pointing out a few little scuffs on the pallet wood i got them down to $110 out the door lol cant beat that on one its a damn good lookin gun and by the feel of the trigger its had a little work done on it well i didnt notice but the whole time i was batering with one of the guys there was another guy standing rite beside me that had ran home to get his orders(I'm in the military and they make us show those when were buyin guns down here) and he was just waiting to buy it i felt a little bad for buying it when he was coming to get it but i didnt know and i couldnt pass it up. So now i gotta go get some slugs and see how she shoots
Handi's: .45-70 Govt, .22-250, Pardner 16 GA, Topper 58 20 Ga shorty, Pardner 410 GA

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: pawn shop trips...gotta love them
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:13:52 AM »
I never check them much during the hunting season but when it's over I fiqure there are some that are going to hock their guns.  I allow about 90 days for the pawn to run its course then I check them out.