Author Topic: Dennys surcharge  (Read 241 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Dennys surcharge
« on: November 15, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »
I wonder how much more of this we'll see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

I had a conversation with a grocer who had to lay off some employees. He was really upset about it. Always treated his people well. Did everything to avoid layoffs during the decades his store has been in business. It's as if he were confessing to a murder. They guy is really upset and would not have fired anyone unless he had to to stay in business.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Dennys surcharge
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:44:13 AM »
I wonder how much more of this we'll see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

I had a conversation with a grocer who had to lay off some employees. He was really upset about it. Always treated his people well. Did everything to avoid layoffs during the decades his store has been in business. It's as if he were confessing to a murder. They guy is really upset and would not have fired anyone unless he had to to stay in business.
I think a lot of business leaders feel exactly like like your grocer.  they get to know employees and their familys and it's heartbreaking to tell a man he's fired.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
sur charge  really ? is that a statement ? is he going to remove it if things change ? I might get coned into paying a surcharge once but never twice at a resturant.
If he needs to raise prices do it. If he can operate at lower cost then why has he not been doing it ? He can pay what 8 grand and not offer health care ? A surcharge is something used to get thru. a period of increased cost like fuel cost , the HC is here to stay he better get a better handle on cost and make long term plans to operate in the market with out gemicks.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 07:49:52 AM »
I think it's fair to expect this sort of thing during the early days of a big change. He's basically making it known publicly that there's a reason for the changes at his business.