Author Topic: People Worthy of Admiration  (Read 1679 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: People Worthy of Admiration
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
It amazes me that a so-called conservative attempt to strip parents of their right to raise their children as they see fit.  Hillary welcomes you to her "village".

And to allow anti-gun groups to sue gun and ammo makers out of existence.  the communist party USA welcomes you.

tenth amendment.  there's nothing preventing the federal government from stopping the transportation of underage ACROSS STATE LINES for abortions without PARENTAL NOTIFICATION.

gun and ammo makers are in several states making and selling legal products and laws are in place to protect makers of ANY legal product from being sued if the product is used in a criminal act.
"that's any legal product" 
if someone stabbed you with a ball-point pen, I guess you would sue BIC for criminal negligence.
You could, if it was up to you and RP.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »

if someone stabbed you with a ball-point pen, I guess you would sue BIC for criminal negligence.

Yes, you could. Doesn't mean you would win, but you could try.

And that's the point any one can sue for anything, doesn't mean they are going to win. Get a good lawyer and you got it made.....from either direction. Part of living in a free country.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »

Yes, you could. Doesn't mean you would win, but you could try.

And that's the point any one can sue for anything, doesn't mean they are going to win. Get a good lawyer and you got it made.....from either direction. Part of living in a free country.
those laws allow the suits to be thrown out before louisville slugger has to spend millions because someone killed another person with a baseball bat.
small business especially could be totally ruined with a single lawsuit.
this is similar to tort reform which everyone seems to want except liberal lawyers.
I think it's called protecting people from predators.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
It amazes me that a so-called conservative attempt to strip parents of their right to raise their children as they see fit.  Hillary welcomes you to her "village".

And to allow anti-gun groups to sue gun and ammo makers out of existence.  the communist party USA welcomes you.

tenth amendment.  there's nothing preventing the federal government from stopping the transportation of underage ACROSS STATE LINES for abortions without PARENTAL NOTIFICATION.

gun and ammo makers are in several states making and selling legal products and laws are in place to protect makers of ANY legal product from being sued if the product is used in a criminal act.
"that's any legal product" 

It amazes me that so called conservatives think that the Constitution only applies when it suits their agenda.

there's nothing preventing the federal government from stopping the transportation of underage ACROSS STATE LINES for abortions without PARENTAL NOTIFICATION.

That's not how the Constitution works. The federal government can only do what the Constitution gives it power to do. Read Amendment 10 again. Unless the Constitution specifically gives the federal government power to do something then it is up to the states to decide.

Again, you're welcome to prove me wrong by stating the article and section of the Constitution that gives the federal government the power to regulate abortion.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"

- Bernard of Clairvaux

You see, Bugeye really thinks these things are bad, and therefor their regulation must be constitutional.  He won't be citing anything that you might think of as authority at least in the traditional, sense that includes things like citations, quotes, and you know, facts.  If you think briefly the reason for the lack of such authority will become obvious. 

Still, even in the absence of such authority, lets just pretend he's right.  Let's pretend that we can simply agree that the Federal government has power to fix, or stop things that are bad.  You're probably already ahead of me, but lets just say that there are people in this society that think hunting is bad.  Or beer.  Or weed.  Or motorcycles.  Or sugary sodas.  See Bugeye thinks these things are bad because he thinks they are bad.  But there are other people who think other things are bad.  And if you give the power to do everything that everyone thinks is bad, nevermind freedom, we won't have any society at all. 

Me?  I'm not afraid of things that are bad.  I love that we live in a society with no training wheels.  There are risks, and things happen that make me sad, but I wouldn't give up freedom to change that.  Some would.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 02:46:49 AM »
  Or motorcycles.
I've owned five in my life.

I can just hear the founding fathers arguing about who should protect the RIGHTS of parents to raise their children as they see fit.
and I'm sure that the question came when they heard that a government backed agency was loading under-aged girls into wagons and taking them ACROSS STATE LINES for abortions without PARENTAL NOTIFICATION.
y'all go ahead and write your own ticket to hell.  your thinking is totally against what God wants.
so you go ahead and think that you've won this arguement and puff out your chest, but God will have the last word. 

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
If you think briefly the reason for the lack of such authority will become obvious.

That is truth sir.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 02:52:29 AM »

those laws allow the suits to be thrown out before louisville slugger has to spend millions because someone killed another person with a baseball bat.
this is similar to tort reform which everyone seems to want except liberal lawyers.

And that's exactly what the courts are for! ::)

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 03:48:14 AM »

And that's exactly what the courts are for! ::)
If a parent wants to sue planned parenthood for sneaking his/her daughter across state lines for an abortion without being notified, how much chance do you think they'd have even "if" they happened to be rich enough to hire a bank of lawyers?
not everyone has that kind of money, so we just write them off as not needing rights.
do you really think that those kind of things came up when the founders were framing the constitution?   if it did, I guess one of the founders said, let the peasants sue, ha, ha.
the founders based their government on Christian ideals, but todays libertarians are thumbing their noses at those ideals.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 04:22:48 AM »
Here is somebody many of us can admire and an organization we can support..  Namely Jay Sekulow and the ACLJ...
  The ACLJ is the counter to the infamous ACLU..  The difference?  ACLJ is a non-profit law firm, working with liberty University, which unlike the ACLU...takes no tax money from you or I...and still fights for our INDIVIDUAL rights.  The ACLJ doesn't try to undermine religious and patriotic Americans..they fight the cross and flag removals etc.
    http://aclj.org/
At this very moment, the ACLJ is working to preserve the United States by dumping Obamacare.  Just yesterday the SCOTUS said  ..'YES ..we would like to hear the ACLJ..on this issue'.
  Hear Jay Sekulow here:    http://aclj.org/obamacare/jay-sekulow-challenge-to-hhs-mandate-intensifies

Where is the stinking ACLU?   ..Where have they been trying to save our country from Obamacare?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
Ironglow,  I like your sig line, but sadly, Christ is now left out when some people criticize what is done by God loving congressmen/womens attempt to protect the rights of everyone, not just those who can afford lawers.

IMO, we are better off without a libertarian government.  they would create a whole new class of professional suers.  if you broke a fingernail opening a bottle of aspirin, Bayer would pay dearly for making aspirin bottles baby-proof.

few are worthy of admiration this day and time, because few are honest.  Ron Paul is not honest.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 08:18:32 AM »
Don't have to "afford lawyers" I won my case with a pro bono attorny. He took it out of THEIR hide. If we'd lost he didn't get a thing........ I am not rich either.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
the founders based their government on Christian ideals, but todays libertarians are thumbing their noses at those ideals.

The founders also wrote a brilliant Constitution, the same Constitution that you are advocating that we not follow anymore.