Author Topic: Found a new Cannon Fuse Dealer (New to me!)  (Read 545 times)

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Found a new Cannon Fuse Dealer (New to me!)
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »
 :) Hi, Guys & Girls...found another Cannon Fuse supplier...American made fuse, from a company called "American Specialty Ammo"...you will have to investigate the price yourself, I didn't go that far, just wanted to share another source...BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: Found a new Cannon Fuse Dealer (New to me!)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
     Thanks, Boomlover for sharing your find.  It is important for all members to report this type of thing occasionally.  It keeps our information up to date.  Unfortunately with this particular item the price denies it's serious consideration for purchase.  The American Specialty Ammo Co. has just this one fuse product for sale and they want $11.99 for 25 feet of american made visco (no size stated).

Waterproof Visco Cannon Fuse
25 feet of American made waterproof cannon fuse. Fuse burns at 30 seconds a foot.  This is the perfect type of fuse to be used with our 37mm builder kits.   Hazmat item
Price: $11.99

Cannon Fuse. Com has the following ad as of today:

American Visco Cannon Fuse  Average Ratings:
  Burns at 30 seconds per foot.
 .116 Diameter
(between 3/32 and 1/8")
 Highest quality fuse available.
 Completely waterproof.
 1 Quantity = 50 feet.
Large orders will be in 1 roll or on a spool. Price: $7.69

You can see from the quantity and pricing that Cannon Fuse.Com will sell you more than 3X as much fuse for the same price.  Mike and I have purchased more than 10 rolls from Cannon Fuse.Com and it has all been top notch, super hot burning fuse. 

Tracy

Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:53:06 AM »
Thank you, Tracy! I was scanning their product list, and it caught my eye...and yep, the price is high!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:35:46 AM »
There is a policy stated on the products page, that they'll match any proven lower price for any product they carry; so if someone has the urge to have something shipped to them from Wadsworth, Ohio, go for it.

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/Products.html

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.