Author Topic: BUG- Back Up Gun  (Read 8360 times)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: BUG- Back Up Gun
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
I don't know about you but in combat shooting pratice I don't thumb cock  ;)  hey my 340 PD has a non exposed hammer couldn't thumb cock it if I wanted . BTW it is made with out a transfeer bar also they say. No hammer exposed to get hit no need really makes a nice trigger pull .
I too have a Centenial Model S&W ( no Hammer J Frame)
But if your firearm of choice needed to cock the hammer each time I bet you would get pretty good at setting that hammer.
Also the Cow Boy action shooting as well as the IDPA, and Steel shoots help with mind set and mussle memory.
The movement to Draw and get the sights on a target when your brain says NOW!  Either by the buzzer or the visual threat.
The confidence that you can hit targets.  The knowledge to shoot again if you miss or shoot until the target falls.  Already having faced some stress of the timer can only help if the real thing happens.  That is why the Army runs around shooting at each other in training.  Learing how you died may keep you alive in real combat.
And if that takes the form of dressing up like Wyatt Earp, The Lone Ranger, Or Marshall Dillon and sling lead the old way who cares.  Draw, Sight picture and Press are universal.  Be you Paladin, Barney Fife, or Tommy tactical.  If you can not get the gun out, align the sights and squeeze the trigger to hit what you are aiming at, carrying a gun or fifty will not matter.
The idea in Cowboy Action, that when one gun goes dry and you simply grab the next should apeal to you.being a proponet of two or more guns and being able to transition from Rifle to shotgun to handgun should make you happy, old west Three gun.
Now one of the biggest fads in CAS is the Wild bunch that use Pump shotguns and 1911's that are Single action but you don't have to cock them each time.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2012, 01:34:33 AM »
Yes the SA has been used for self defense and yes many could use it well today but in the same concep[t as the model T Ford yep it will still get you around but there are much better options aval. The SA shooter might hold his own right up to reload time .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2012, 02:25:38 AM »
The SA shooter might hold his own right up to reload time ........''RELOAD''

are you that bad a dhot.....i never would have thought that about you

i wrecked my work van a few years back
my  1951 plymouth got me to and from work just fine
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2012, 02:27:55 AM »
Here we have gangs so yep with a 6 shooter a reload is entirely possible and a 51 plymoth is more like a DA revolver than a SA  ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
Why I carry two guns Shootall. In a pinch it's faster to switch guns than reload. If after two mags the threat still exists I'm saying screw it and calling in an Arc Light strike! ;)