Author Topic: Range bound in the am  (Read 521 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Range bound in the am
« on: February 13, 2004, 05:08:53 PM »
I saw the thread from timbertoes on the 45-70. I will be at the range tomorrow to sight in my 45-70. As far as the size ofthe bullet, it is a honker. I'll make sure to carry some padding just in case. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as my 12 ga. tracker was before I fixed the recoil. I don't think it will be as bad. ( I could be wrong) But the 45-70 is a couple of lbs. heavier. I've already given my rifle a nickname already. SWEETNESS I'll have a range report for yall tomorrow. Thinking about tomorrow is making sleep difficult. :roll:  :shock: Hope it don't take long to get it squared away. Timbertoes, you talked about the bullet. Take a look at where that bad boy is going to be exiting from. :eek:
                                      tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Range bound in the am
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 05:19:54 PM »
I had plans to go shoot tommorow but have to work to pay for my habit- :grin:  maybe nextweekend. you lucky dog :-)
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Range bound in the am
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 07:12:46 PM »
I would love to go to the range too but it will be 10 degrees out and I don't know how long I could hold the rifle steady.  Anyway, the wife has honey-do plans for me anyway so I had better get them done while the weather is cruddy.  I'll save the range time for slightly better weather.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense