Author Topic: CVA Scout Safety  (Read 677 times)

Offline SJB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
CVA Scout Safety
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »
Does the Scout have a "half-cock" position on the hammer as a safety or does it use the H&R toggle blocking method ? Thanks

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: CVA Scout Safety
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »
trigger block method

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:47:48 AM »
   I just got my new Scout rifle the other day and have looked it over and I do not see any form of safety on it.  There is no half cock position or anything between the hammer and firing pin that would block it from firing.
  I read the CVA pamplet over and there is no mention of a safety, there is two points mentioned about a accidental discharge possibility.
 Under the heading,  Safety Considerations it reads,
Line 5   Never lean a loaded firearm against a wall, tree, vehicle, or other surface. Any fall of a loaded gun may result in a accidental firing of the gun, which may result in severe injury or death.
Line 9  Warns of hunting from a tree stand for the same reasons.
   Jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
not hard to figure out gents.

Push forward on the hammer with your thumb, It doesnt move, theres a cross safety block inside. The only way to make the hammer go forward is to pull back on the trigger and push the hammer forward at the same time.