Author Topic: OH NO. Amsterdam to ban pot smoling in schools.  (Read 351 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
OH NO. Amsterdam to ban pot smoling in schools.
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:06:55 AM »
Tolerant Amsterdam to ban smoking marijuana in school  Published December 12, 2012
Associated Press    AMSTERDAM –  The city of Amsterdam, famed for its weed cafes and easygoing approach to toking up, plans to ban smoking marijuana at schools.

City spokeswoman Iris Reshef says the move is necessary because stoned students are a problem at some schools. Schools had always forbidden the drug, but found it difficult to enforce the rule due to the country's tolerance policy. Under tolerance, pot is technically illegal but police cannot prosecute people for possession of small amounts.
After a change in national law, the city can now ban the drug at schools under a public nuisance ordinance, and police can levy fines against students who break the rules.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/12/tolerant-amsterdam-to-ban-smoking-marijuana-in-school/?test=latestnews#ixzz2EqmnZK6i
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

Re: OH NO. Amsterdam to ban pot smoling in schools.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:18:51 AM »
So that is why it is called "HIGH" school. ;D
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 04:25:00 AM »
Stoned students are a problem??  the legalize drug crowd here all know dopers who are not affected by smoking it. BS.....
It's a mind altering drug.  and if super-liberal Holland says it's a problem, then it's more of a problem than people here will admit
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:27:24 AM »
Imagine that!
Swingem

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 04:31:29 AM »
It's quite a different culture to begin with. Pot smoking is banned here at schools and yet we have a massive drug problem. In Netherlands, they don't have a massive drug problem.

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 04:47:19 AM »
Well, you could have fooled me.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 05:06:13 AM »
Well, you could have fooled me.
;D I was in Amsterdam in 87 checking out the queens palace, and drug deals were going on all around me, with cops looking on.  and in that square was dozens of people so stoned that they literally couldn't stand up.
I sure want to do that. :o
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 05:28:01 AM »
I think it's worth learning from them. They distinguish hard drugs from "soft" drugs, treat drug use as a health problem instead of as a crime, and work to minimize the public nuisance caused by drug use. That does seem to be working pretty well. Here, we're stuck in the 1960s with a system that causes a lot of problems and has been resistant to change.

Interestingly, Columbia has done very much the same thing, more with a focus on getting rid of the drug cartels, and they have cut cocaine production and related problems by more than half. This has helped Columbia, but pushed the drug production to Bolivia and Venezuela.

These new initiatives in Colorado and Washington will be interesting to watch, because they could end up being models for the nation after a little refinement. The Columbia experience includes legalizing "the personal dose" and they didn't see an increase in drug use. That's been the experience elsewhere too.

One of the theories that seems unresolved is whether having more lenient policy toward soft drugs incents people to use them instead of stronger drugs.

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 07:14:03 AM »
  Stoned students are a problem??  the legalize drug crowd here all know dopers who are not affected by smoking it. BS.....
It's a mind altering drug.  and if super-liberal Holland says it's a problem, then it's more of a problem than people here will admit

Its the same as getting drunk at work.  You shouldn't do it.  Nothing wrong with it after hours and in the privacy of your own home.  I would advise you to go toke up a couple of times before you go around saying just how bad it is.  You apparently know nothing about it nor have you had it in your system before.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM »
Well, I've never had a bullet in my system either, but I'm not going to try that just so I know how it feels.
Here's what I propose:  As long as we now officially have two states where pot is sort of legal (and we'll see how that works out), why not take a couple of states and make non-medical drugs absolutely forbidden--zero tolerance.  Anyone caught using, selling, or just carrying shall be imprisoned, or executed.  Let's see which states end up with fewer drug users.
Swingem

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 08:13:38 AM »
I remember that a few states, like Texas, tried that. It was such a famous failure that Johnny Cash included a reference to it in his song The Man In Black. People were being imprisoned for 20+ years for small amounts of marijuana, and murderers were getting off with lesser sentences.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »

Its the same as getting drunk at work.  You shouldn't do it.  Nothing wrong with it after hours and in the privacy of your own home.  I would advise you to go toke up a couple of times before you go around saying just how bad it is.  You apparently know nothing about it nor have you had it in your system before.
I have posted here more than once that I smoked a joint circa 1971.  driving home I was a definite danger on the road.  several times I realized at the last second that I was in the wrong lane.  I would start watching lit billboards because the were moving toward me instead of me moving toward them.  then I would find myself weaving.
WHAT PART OF STONED DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND??
it's no different than alcohol, it impairs your ability to use all your senses.
so I have "toked" as you say.  anyone who thinks it's harmless is just trying to justify being a dope-head.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
LMAO.  Never said it wasn't dangerous if you were stupid enough to get in a vehicle and drive.  Use it responsibly like you would alchohol genius.  And smoking the cheech once my naive friend DOES NOT QUALIFY you to have experience with marijuana.  Personally, I hope they legalize it country wide here. Folks could use a good calming down- some here in particular.

You are one of "those" people Bugeye.  Take a drink once in a while and you are a drunk.  Smoke some Ganja every now and then and you are a dope head.  Kind of Puritan, ain't it? ;D
It's all a hot mess...........