Author Topic: nikon does it again!  (Read 830 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
nikon does it again!
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:57:10 PM »
Bought a new pair of monarch atb 8x42s about 12 years ago. Three years ago i dropped them on cement and they wouldnt focus out past 300 yards anymore. Sent them to nikon and told them the damage was my fault. About 2 weeks later i got a new pair of the updated version of the same binocular free. earlier while doing some crop damage shooting my buddy dropped this set and broke the eye glass ajusment eye piece off. Boxed them up and sent them to nikon again telling them the truth and yesterday a brand new set of there again updated monarch 5s came in the mail. Cant say enough good things about there customer service dept.
blue lives matter

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: nikon does it again!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:47:52 AM »
That is some good service! I have had real good service from Burris too. I dropped a pair of their signature series binos and broke an eyepiece. They repaired them, cleaned them and they were returned in a new case with the wipes and cloth. We're pretty fortunate to have this level of service at a time when it seems to be rare anymore.

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:42:21 AM »
I have a couple of their scopes that came on rifles and they are quite nice really clear.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:00:20 AM »
Lloyd, that's nice that Nikon is so understanding of you guys clumbiness. But if you used a strap or better yet a harness you wouldn't drop so  many binocs.  ;)

I did wear out a pair of binocs when I was younger, but have never dropped & broken a pair. But mine are usually attached to me in some way.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 12:16:25 AM »
no doubt but for what im using them for i rarely want a pair of binoculars dangling around my neck. they do have a strap on them but isnt used often. Plus keep in mind that mine are used EVERY day for about 4 months out of a year not just a few days a year in hunting season. Use your deer rifle that much and see if you dont get a few dents and scratches in it.
blue lives matter

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43:28 AM »
The Alaska deer season was 5 months.  ;) I believe that's longer than 4 but whatever.  ;)
Then I carried mine in my boat the year round so they were used year round. Of course if I dropped mine over board I would not a had anything to send in.  ;D

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 04:17:00 AM »
yup you got me beat. I guess im rougher on my equiptment then most. Never was one to clean a gun every time i use it or baby any piece of equiptment i have. Just tools to do a job for me. thankfully in the gun industry companys actually know there stuff is used like that and have some of the best warantee policys of any product you buy. Sure wish my truck came with a unconditional life time warantee!!!!
blue lives matter

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »
wrong section.