Author Topic: Ranger Compact Buttstock  (Read 825 times)

Offline TomP

• Trade Count: (0)
Ranger Compact Buttstock
« on: December 11, 2012, 07:09:59 AM »
A friend of mine has a model 94 Ranger Compact AE in 30-30.  He would like to get a replacement buttstock for it, one that is of normal carbine length.  Would any AE carbine buttstock fit his rifle?  I believe he purchased the rifle prior to 1986 if that means anything.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Ranger Compact Buttstock
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »
I bought a 20 guarge Ranger pump in the 70's for my kid.  It was a youth model but it came with a certificate for a full size stock when he grew up.  Doubt Winchester will honor it now, and I'd rather keep the youth model for his son, my grandson.  My son is now 6'3" tall.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Tom: if its a 94 AE then any 94 AE buttstock would fit, unless the Ranger has a pistol grip to it rather than the standard rifle stock.  A pistol grip on the 94 AE rifles is like the one used on the 94 AE Timber Carbine in 444, in contrast to the straight stock found on the standard 94 AE rifle.  HTH.

Offline TomP

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:57:09 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
There's no coupon with this rifle so now I'm searching on my own for a used buttstock.
No pistol grip so my search should be easier.
Any suggestions on where to find a buttstock w/buttplate?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
Tom:  check the links page here on Greybeard's for stock makers.  You will probably find a new one for about what a used one would cost you, now, and it will be in better shape. HTH.

Offline gunnut69

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
You might try GunPartsCorp/Numeric. They have many stocks and prices aren't too bad.. An outfit called 'Boyds' also make new repro stocks for most Winchesters..
gunnut69--
The 2nd amendment to the constitution of the United States of America-
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."