Author Topic: CT Woman Turns in WWII German Rifle at Gun Buyback - R U Kidding me.  (Read 866 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
CT Woman Turns in WWII German Rifle at Gun Buyback

The Hartford, Conn. police officers running a gun buyback on Dec. 1 were flabbergasted when a woman showed up with the grandfather of all assault weapons: a German Sturmgewehr 44, looking to trade it for a $100 Wallmart gift card.

To the credit of the Hartford Police, they knew what the gun was, and that it was valuable. They told her the rifle was worth a lot of money and refused to let her turn it in. The woman plans on selling the rifle. She may get anywhere from $20,000-$30,000.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun-nuts/2012/12/ct-woman-turns-antique-rifle-gun-buyback

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline m-g Willy

Re: CT Woman Turns in WWII German Rifle at Gun Buyback - R U Kidding me.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
Can't really believe this story.
1.I think the cop would took the gun and ran with it.
2. It is a full auto (machine gun) !
Without papers she would be a felon for having it!

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »
I  agree  .   Police  found  my  stolen  rifle  .  I  could  tell  he  wanted  it  bad .  I  handed  him  the  S.N.s  ,  he  almost  cried.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »
If the person she inherited it from had papers, there is not problem.

If the cops took it and ran they would be Federal felons.

Without papers she would not be a felon, the feds merely would have confiscated it.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 12:28:02 AM »
If the person she inherited it from had papers, there is not problem.

If the cops took it and ran they would be Federal felons.

Without papers she would not be a felon, the feds merely would have confiscated it.
My friend was in Vietnam. He was in on the discovery of one of the biggest caches of weapons found during the Vietnam war. The solders finding the cache were all given a weapon for their work. He has the papers saying he is allowed to have it. I think it can be switched from full auto to semi ,but I'm not sure.  He also has 4 rounds of ammunition from the cache. He and three of his friends give talks to high schools and colleges as to what it was like for them in Vietnam. He used to take the weapon to school to show the students. He no longer does .
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------