Author Topic: NRA Press Conference streaming now - Link - nutjobs already in the room...  (Read 631 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Streaming right now

http://www.guns.com/2012/12/21/nra-news-conference-live-stream-1045-am-est-video/

they've already had a couple nutjobs posing as reporters jump up and wail that the NRA has blood on its hands, that the NRA is killing our children, etc... I'm not making this up.

Well... that's two people who are too unbalanced to be trusted with a firearm
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline marked trail

Re: NRA Press Conference streaming now - Link - nutjobs already in the room...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »
The speech can be read on the NRA's home page.  I suggest reading before commenting to the opposition. NRA will field questions next week on this written postion.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »
NRA blames Hollywood and media for glorifying violence.  Media pushes violence on TV and video games, but when something happens, when one individual acts it out, then that same media uses that as a club to take away American's rights.  The media and Hollywood are pure scum.  We need to put them all in a concentration camp.   :D
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »
Still, I think Wayne basically bombed with the press conference.  Of course we know WHATEVER NRA would have said would have been met with endless screeching.  But somehow I was hoping Wayne would have come off better.  I'm not too eager for his armed officer in every school - even tho many schools have that already.  I really like what Manny DelaCruz of Gun Auction said. Acknowledge the terrible terrible tragedy and stop there. I think Wayne said too much at this point.

I hope NRA can keep a place at the table and bring rational thoughtful data to the discussion.  I hope we can offer up something. I'm willing to restrict magazine capacity as I am super alarmed at the sudden rash of wackos blasting away.  But thats all.  All this breathless reporting about assault rifles, Bushmasters, Glocks,  as if a particular appearance or brand is somehow more lethal than other.

I'd like to see firearms safety a mandatory part of gym class in middle school.  And however we can teach more caring and respect for our fellow humans. But it seems the more we coddle the students the more dangerous they become.

Anyway - I was getting worried seeing the rash of shooting before Newtown.  And today I see some other nut has blasted some firefighters.......... of course at this point EVERY gun incident, or suspected incident will get headlines. I hope things settle down.  Does ANYBODY have a suggestion why we have had this outbreak of shootings in the last year?

And I'd like to see training requirements for all concealed carry.  Seems to me in Alaska there has been more gunplay since the training requirements were eliminated.

I hope to keep my guns, my hunting, target shooting and ability to carry as I feel the need (I did have trainng) but I'm also very concerned about the numerous shootings and would love to find some rational solution without turning our society into the armed camps like the tribal areas of the Islamic world.

Merry Christmas and please be safe.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
magazine capacity has zip to do with
some nutjob blowing away innocent folks.
i've said elsewhere a determined killer is
going to kill. big can of homemade napalm,
drive a suv through a playground full of kids,
whatever- they'll find a way.
we have to get unstable folks like james holmes
and adam lanza out of the midst of the general
population and somewhere where they can't
harm anyone. we alway hear afterwards
where they've left a note or a website or
a manifesto or the like. someone has seen
something and it's not come to light
until after the fact.
we need to get off our hands and do something
besides let the hand wringers dictate feel-good
measures like mag or ammo restrictions.
i don't have any ar-15's or big magazines, but as
a law-abiding citizen, if i were to want any,
no whiney bureaucrat should have any say-so
as to what i can or cannot buy. the folks
who cannot legally own firearms should be
the ones to jump through hoops if they've
broken laws in the past. or most likely, a
big bunch of them should still be incarcerated.
if they can't be trusted out in society, why the
hell are they running loose??
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline sixgun_symphony

• Avid Poster
  • Rabid, Avid Shooter
    • http://www.myspace.com/sixgun_symphony
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
Wayne dropped the ball on this. There should have been security there to screen out the leftist protestors at the door.

Trying to deflect the cause of the violence on movies and video games was just weak. The real problem is that we don't put the lunatics away in sanitariums anymore. Another problem is that gun free zones make it so that only the bad guys have weapons. The nonsense about violent films and videogames has always been a talking point for the vegan-pacifist bedwetters and it's alot of B.S. I can remember when they complained about the violent westerns on television as they were still popular into the 1970s as reruns.

NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
SASS - #62632

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
I think the violent entertainment is part of it but I don't want to abridge freedom of expression.  Would love to make it so there was little market for it.  I recall the concern for westerns the fools who shot themselves or others, even the TV imitating quick draw artists.  We don't watch violent stuff at our house but when my sons come home from watching stuff at a neighbors they are often just wild and doing crazy stuff. At one time we started to allow some Bonanza dvds but the boys got too wild and we got rid of the disks.  And we can warehouse every goof ball out there.  Tho I do think more of the truly debilitated should be housed. Again we have to respect our rights or we risk becoming no different that other less free countries.

So what truly can be done? I sure want to see something concrete, realistic and effective. Are large populations of humans capable of managing themselves civilly? 
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »
Anarchists in the last century, media bosses in this century.  Time to take out the garbage. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
I don't think LaPierre bombed at all.  I erad the speech in its entirety and think it was well written and focused.  I would not give a inch, not one and the media that fabricate information, as with the travon martin affair and others, need to be held accountable for their lies as well as held accountable for the effects of the misinformation they spew. 

OK, so Isreal does not think that armed guards in schools would help - but, Isreal is a armed society and I believe thelast time some nut job in Isreal started to go berserk, he got shot on the spot.  Same effect.  If teachers cannot muster the guts it takes to arm up then put armed police in the schools, but as others say, if they can't get a gun they will use something else. 

As for Buffalo, NY - if someone had even bothered to read what that nut job wrote he would have died in prison not after killing some first responders, as well as hi sister.  The liberals who push for lighter sentences (17 years for hammering his mother to death when he should have gotten the rope), and the media effect on 'popular opinion' which often sways the weak minds of politicians and prosecutors need to be held accountable. 

Maybe, just maybe, if we start publishing the names and addresses of editors and reporters who fail to print and publish the truth, they will receive enough of the same treatment they want doled out to those they think are criminal so as to possibly look for another career field....... now that would be a nice thought.