Author Topic: Swift Scopes.  (Read 576 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Swift Scopes.
« on: December 29, 2012, 01:45:16 AM »
I have used Swift brand microscopes for years, so I decided to give their scopes a try. I found them to be excellent and have a terrific warranty. I found the premier model to be the best quality. Does anyone else use Swift scopes?
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: Swift Scopes.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:16:55 AM »
I have used a couple of the Swift Reliant models and have no complaints.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline bucco921

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »
my shooting buddy has a couple premiers. I dont own one but I am VERY impressed with them.

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
Have owned several 6-18x44 premier Swifts for over 3 years now.  My particular model was discontinued, so bought them for a reduced price from www.thesportsmonkey.com  They've seen a fair number of rounds fired (all on centerfires from 257R to 30-06) and I've no complaint about them.  Decent optics and the adjustments have tracked well for me.  Gent I shoot with on a regular basis owns a few Swift scopes but uses them only on his less costly rifles.  He put an $800 plus Sightron III on his last custom build rifle.  Swift is not a brand he'd highly recommend to someone, but then he will not bad mouth them either.

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
By the way, forgot to mention Swift Optics has been around since the late 1920s.   Don't know when Swift got into the rifle scope business, but recall them being available in the 1960s.  Not sure who bought the scope division about 5 years ago, but ownership seems to be in Colorado.  Swift scopes are made in South Korea.  Many folks when reading Swift website info misinterpret their claim of using made in USA bak7 schott (?) glass to think the scope itself is made in USA.   

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 11:36:01 PM »
I got my arm twisted so many times for months by a hunting buddy that I finally bought a couple of Swift Premier 4-12's, kicking and screaming all the way, and I only bought them to get him off my back.   He well knew I ALWAYS bought the best glass, and they were not on my list at all.   I stuck the silver one on my Marlin 17VS 17HMR just so I could say I mounted one, and put the black version of the same on the shelf assuming it was just going to be a dust collector.   The Marlin I had done all the tricks to, bought the best for it before the first round down the barrel for it to be the tackdriver it has well proved that it is.    So putting the Swift on it was a joke to me, a temporary deal only until the hunting pard got off my back.   I had another 17HMR that far outshot it I put the big glass on, so it was my number one Hummer.   Well, 10 years later next month the Swift still resides on the Marlin, and I have no plans of ever taking it off.    This rifle is capable of way more than a 12X can deliver, but for night and jump shooting it gets it done in spades every time.   I have untold thousands of rounds through it, sold the other one so it is now my #1 Hummer (my #1 RF for that matter).   

Have no idea about the older and newer Swift models, but the two cheap ones I bought are worth far more than I paid for them.

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus