Author Topic: Putnam county outclasses their neighbors..  (Read 338 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Putnam county outclasses their neighbors..
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:12:05 AM »
    While a couple countie's officials bowed to the militant left. Putnam county however,  refused to betray the confidentiality of CCW permits.  http://video.foxnews.com/v/2076060284001/putnam-county-refuses-to-give-newspaper-gun-owner-list/?playlist_id=903226511001
    This thoughtless action by the "Urinal News" has put law officers, judges, witnesses and many others in needless jeopardy.  I sure hope the blabbermouth idea doesn't spread, so thousands of others are endangered.  I have 2 nephews who are guards at the infamous Attica prison, where the state houses the worst of the worst.  I assume the perps are not normally given the addresses of their keepers before they get sprung. Surely there is no need of giving the bad boys such info..to make any contemplated terrrorism convenient.

This thoughtless act puts non gun owners at a real risk especially..  Seems if  somebody gets hurt or killed in a home invasion where the perp admits he used the "Urinal News" info to plan his attack...there could be a big lawsuit.  I wonder if the newspaper's insurance company has considered that ?

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Putnam county outclasses their neighbors..
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:27:23 AM »
Well it's not just about LE officials, nobody should have confidential information exposed. Call any business or government office and ask for the personal phone number and address of any employee, you will not be given that information no matter how you may plead for it. Why would any sane person want such information? What useful purpose can such information serve? Can you imagine the outrage if someone published the addresses of everyone who has ever been treated for a psychological disorder? That information would be far more relevant to public safety than the address of gun permit holders but would any newspaper publish such a list?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.