Author Topic: ML button buck with NEF Sidekick  (Read 663 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
ML button buck with NEF Sidekick
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »
Finally filled a tag today although a small button buck. It came out across a power line right of way about 100 yd from my ground blind. The Sidekick with 295 gr. Powerbelt over 2 pellets hit it like the hammer of Thor- DRT.
It went through the ribs behind the shoulder and clipped the backbone.

Unfortunately for me, right after that deer went down its bigger brother, a 6pt. came out and hung around for about 15 mins. Maybe it will show up next year  ;D
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
Re: ML button buck with NEF Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:01:59 AM »
   Good  Job !   I hunted only one day during muzzleloader season with my newly converted 45-70 handi to now a 45 cal. smokeless muzzleloader.  I didnt se anything except tracks and other hunters.
If you havent already,  Post your sucess on the H & R centerfire forum there is a thread second one from the top for game harvested with H & R firearms. Its always good to see more sucess stories.
  jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »
Closest I came to Deer hunting this year was just missing one down the road with my Dodge , not what you'd exactly call a primitive weapon though .  ;)

stimpy

PS - Good job Joe !!!!!!!!  8)
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 05:20:09 PM »
Stimpy you need to get out hunting more!
Jedman will post it there, I forgot to do that.
It was a fun day, but I am taking a lot of ribbing for shooting bambi from family and friends. Should be good eating though. I butchered it myself, first time doing it. What a ton of work even for a small deer.  Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us