Author Topic: Stan McChrystal OK with gun control measures...  (Read 488 times)

TM7

Stan McChrystal OK with gun control measures...
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:36:18 AM »
[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/hLCtlKQzvq4[/embed]
..TM7

Offline SharonAnne

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stan McChrystal OK with gun control measures...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »
We will find out. When the government starts killing Citizens who say NO you cannot have my rifle. Make no mistake. If the so called 'assault weapons' ban is made law (in violation of the Constitution) they will KILL those who say NO.

Lock and Load brothers and sisters, Lock and Load
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »
Gen. McCrystal is a traitor to his oath of allegiance. He swore to protect and defend the Constitution, ALL OF IT. He does not get to pick and choose which parts of it he likes. His oath meant all of it.
SharonAnne

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:22 PM »
I watched McChrystal live on Morning Joe couple or three or four points to be made here.
1. MICA was desperately trying to get controversial anawers from him and also trying to get him to commit to serving the AGENDA the left has by being a Spokesperon for GUN Control.
2. He spoke in terms of Civilians not being able to possess FULL AUTO M-4 TYPE WEAPONS because of the damage they inflict on humans. Of course MICA never made that distinction plain to her viewers. No mention that Full Auto Weapons are already very heavily regulated and is not the subject of any of the mass shootings discussed. Nor they fact that a very small percentage of Gun Owners even have them.
3. This general has spent all of his adult life in the Military and I doubt he has done very much time hunting, if any, any animals in a civilian capacity. He probably knows very little about hunting, target shooting or just gun collecting.
4. His reference points about guns are from a battlefield perspective and his recollections of their power are from the damage done to humans by these weapons. That has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. I say he has no standing to speak for sportsman collectors or target shooters.
5. any gun does terrible damage to human flesh-- the same can be said about any knife, any club and on and on.
you watch the left as they try to manuver this man to be of use to them. if he is not smart enough they will use him and destroy any hopes he has of being remembered for his military career. i really do not think he was aware of what they were doing. That comes from his being in that MILITARY FOR LIFE he is in his own bubble not  aware of the average guy trying to live as a civilian.

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
Sharon, you are correct.  Even though you often promote revolt, revolt is an impossibilty.  When the gov't says no guns, you and the rest of us will comply. 

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »
Whether you like Obama or not this is a guy who made fun of his Commander in Chief and conducted his command like a college frat house.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 04:22:55 PM »
MIV, I do not promote revolt. I promote protecting the Constitution. Look at every oath of office, "support and DEFEND the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC." 

The Second Amendment was written expressly so that the average citizen would be armed equal to any standing army soldier. The prospect of a dictator arising was expected. Every one who signed the Declaration of Independence fled a dictator by whatever name.

If necessary, we have the RIGHT to revolt. Read up on the discussions surrounding the writing of the Second Amendment.

If the gov, in violation of the Constitution, says no guns, I am sure you will line up to turn yours in. I sir will not. You forget that people died so that we could have the freedoms we enjoy today. There are many of us who will do so to keep them. I know you have already surrendered.

Not I.
SharonAnne