Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does..  (Read 620 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Stupid is as stupid does..
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:32:38 AM »
Police departments in NY State will soon be breaking the stupid, new Cuomo law bent on curbing our freedoms.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=898116

Any mentally mature person knows they should not make important decisions when caught up in an emotionally turbulent situation.  That friends, is exactly what Cuomo and Obama have done!  They have taken advantage of the sizable portion of the public who are emotionally driven and plausibility deprived. 
     This is a political ploy often employed by liberal/leftists the world over..taking advantage of the emotionally unstable.  We should not be surprised that the police will themselves be breaking the new, ridiculous law which was pushed through in an illegal manner.

One saving grace; the haste to push through a freedom robbing law may have left loopholes that a team of NY State lawyers, S.C.O.P.E. and NRA lawyers are now diligently pursuing.
  Stupid is as stupid does..  I would rather say, "crooked actions are what makes crooked politicians"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stupid is as stupid does..
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:00:36 AM »
Quote from ironglow:
"This is a political ploy often employed by liberal/leftists the world over..taking advantage of the emotionally unstable."

I would change the above to most politicians regardless of party lines.
GuzziJohn

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »
You do have a few good politicians around, they are just very hard to find.  But understand this was pure politics, plain and simple and designed to give cuomo a 'one -up-manship' over obama in what could only be the lowest, most brazen political campaign ploy for the white house in '16 that only someone as low as the cuomos, both he and his father, could think of.  I know that spitzer and paterson were laughable but I think people forget how low both he and his father were during the elder's 3 terms.  Prince Andrew was never meant to be trusted and the stupid dem party thought they could control him until they fell into dysfunction and then he had a clear road in, and has shown his true meglomanic fascist colors since.  A mini Mousellini (sp ) that, and I believe 'Il Duce' would fit.  And true to his colors he would never let a good crisis go to waste and for a fascist, the chance to disarm the peasantry is too good to miss.  Damn the laws, dam the courts, push it down their throats until the courts tell you to stop and then blame the other guy.  rahm emanual is using the same tactic now in chicago to hold off 2nd Amendment rights.

First there is registration, then confiscation, then subjugation.   There are 4.5 million gun owners in new york state, and he knows he cannot possibly disarm you even if he calls in the national guard.  He also knows that any hint of resistance, civil unrest and violence will absolutely screw his chance for the white house.  Nobody outside ny would ever then consider someone for the white house who is that rash, that emotional about decisions and so secretive about them, especially if civil unrest followed. He would be stopped in his political tracks right at the deep end of a quicksand pit and that would be fine.  No matter who we have in the white house now, nobody would ever put al sharpton in there, and they really wouldn't want some sneaky hothead in there either.  I doubt he will ever get there but never doubt his intent to disarm the populace.  How else will he be able to enforce taxation without hesitation.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »
Sorry; I forgot to post the link where the cops could be breaking the law;
   http://news.msn.com/politics/oops-nys-new-gun-law-restricts-police-officers

This is what happens when important laws (such as Obamacare) are pushed through without time to read consider and debate the issues.  Of course this was done intentionally by Gov Cuomo,,expressly so it would not be considered in a calm, thoughtful manner..same as obamacare.."You have to pass it so you can find out what's in it"..   Same deal here..

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"..when there is any chance of killing freedom..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
That's plumb funny.
IG, how are you gonna handle the seven round limitation?  can you put a plug in the clips like a shotgun?
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:15:08 PM »
Here again, stupid is as stupid does...look at this situation:  http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

Some people get so taken by their own petty "cause" that they lose all common sense and reason..

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
Something like the hype following the City Police Chief's decision in Sanford, FL not to charge Zimmerman under the circumstances due to current law and its "stand your ground provision" only to have the spineless City Commission let the Court of BLACK Public Opinion run him out of town with the City's collective tail between its legs and no collective backbone?  Sort of like that?

Offline 1marty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
the law is sort of stupid and was written by NYC liberal politicians who never handled a firearm. The old law limited you to 10 round magazines. The 13 round mags were grand father but you could only load 10 rounds. The 13 mags are now illegal. You can keep the 10 round magazine but you are only allowed to load 7 rounds. This of course effects someone who has a ruger 10/22 since now you are only allowed to put 7 rounds in the mag. So if a criminal enters your house and you shoot him 8 times you must remember to tell the cops you shot him 7 times and reloaded one more bullet into the mag. Of course I have an SKS and I'm allowed to load 10 rounds since it has a fixed magazine. Now it gets sort of weird. If the fixed magazine can be converted to a non-fixed-which you can with the SKS- then it is an assault rifle. But wait. Curio and Relics are exempt from everything. The ATF classifys the SKS as a C&R. Cops of course are in hot water since they carry 15 round magazines. The assembly needs to past an amendment letting cops and private security guards have 15 round mags. I'm writing my uber liberal assembly woman to oppose this bill since the cops in NY are notorious when they get all excited for spraying bullets all over the place. I could go on but it's time to take 3 rounds out of my Browning hi-power mag before I go to sleep.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
I suppose you are just a dead after only 10 shots rather than the previous 13 or 15.  Idiot Politicians.

"I only shot him every time he moved, and every time I shot him, he moved."