Author Topic: DEMS confident they will ingringe upon OUR rights. Thank an obummerbot today.  (Read 481 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
    Top Democrats optimistic Congress will pass gun control legislation, with outside Washington help  Published January 20, 2013
FoxNews.com     
  •    FILE: March 8, 2012: Sen. Charles Schumer gestures during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington. (AP)
  Top Democrats expressed confidence Sunday that Congress will pass significant gun-control legislation, with the backing of Washington lawmakers and pressure from Americans across the country.
David Plouffe, a senior adviser for President Obama, acknowledged the president’s gun-control proposals will need public support to pass in Congress and said the White House will try to “enlist” Americans in the debate through its newly formed, grassroots advocacy group.

“We are trying to enlist the American people in these debates,” Plouffe said on CNN’s “State of the Union,” “The only way change is going to really happen and make progress is with the American people. … They need to be involved at the center of this and pushing here.”
However, he argued that Obama essentially converting his re-election campaign into the group Organizing for Action doesn’t mean the president has abandoned efforts to persuade congressional Democrats and Republicans to vote for more gun control – following the December 14 massacre at a Connecticut elementary school in which 20 first-graders and six adults were killed.
“We haven’t given up on the inside game,” Plouffe told “Fox News Sunday” earlier in the day. “You have to do both.”

The president last week announced his gun-control plan, which includes enacting a new and stronger assault-weapons ban, limiting magazines to 10 rounds, background checks for prospective buyers and extending mental health treatment to young Americans.
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., also expressed confidence Sunday that Congress would pass some gun-control legislation, particularly his bill for universal background checks.
Schumer, chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the background check proposal was the “sweet spot” of the debate and that Americans will likely see support for it “in the coming weeks.”

Efforts by Democrats and some Republicans to pass gun-control legislation in Congress begin in earnest when lawmakers return to Washington after the inauguration.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has said after the fatal shootings in Newtown, Conn., that she would introduce legislation calling for a 10-year ban on assault weapons, like the one she got Congress to pass in 1994.

Republicans on Sunday were less optimistic about Congress passing sweeping legislation.
Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso said Obama’s proposals won’t even get a full Senate vote.
Barrasso told CNN’s “State of the Union” that Democrats seeking re-election in a conservative state would not give their support.

“I don’t think Sen. Harry Reid even brings it to the Senate floor because he has six Democrats up for election in two years in states where the president received fewer than 42 percent of the votes,” he said.
Supporters of more gun-control legislation also will face strong opposition from gun-rights advocacy groups, particularly the National Rifle Association.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/20/top-democrats-optimistic-congress-will-pass-gun-control-legislation-with/#ixzz2IYpo77or
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Anna

I wonder if all this support they claim they are getting is as fabricated as the votes they got in the
last election ?

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  I wonder if all this support they claim they are getting is as fabricated as the votes they got in the
last election ? 

Probably alot of truth in that.

I still believe the look in Obama's face wheh he held that press conference said it all.  He tried, and failed to take immediate action against our rights. This whole "feel optimistic" outlook thing is nothing more than motivational speech at an attemt to keep the gun grabbers focused.

It would really appear that he may be running out of BS steam.  It's pretty much up to congress now and it for the mst part is out of his hands.  like a said in another post. the people spoke when they started buying all the guns and ammo, and higher ups started threatening to NOT enforce any new changes concernign gun control.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline jhm

They may run into some ARMED resistance with this move of theirs.  Jim

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
     They may run into some ARMED resistance with this move of theirs.  Jim
People are angry.  even my normal pacifist wife is up in arms.  it's time we called the bluff of the head commie.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
It's scary that we're even worried about it with a Republican controlled house.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

It's scary that we're even worried about it with a Republican controlled house.
other than the 100 or so Tea-Partiers the republicans are not really trustworthy.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
We thought we had support in one house in NY, and look what happened to us, There are a lot of them you should not count on. I still say write offten and keep calling them.
I wen to the Albany NY rally this past Sat. There were 2000 to 3000 people there, I was hoping for 6000 . On the way home I stopped at a local gun shop to see if he had some items I need. There were 15(   or-) at the shop all compiling about these new laws, I asked how many went to the rally, not one and all had bs excuses, the owner replied loudly " most people have made plans on Sat." I left and will not go there again. But this is our problem and I don't know the cure. Then there are the three idiots the fired shots at the gun shows this week end. One was just stupid the other 2 could have been planed but who knows.

Offline BUGEYE

We thought we had support in one house in NY, and look what happened to us, There are a lot of them you should not count on. I still say write offten and keep calling them.
I wen to the Albany NY rally this past Sat. There were 2000 to 3000 people there, I was hoping for 6000 . On the way home I stopped at a local gun shop to see if he had some items I need. There were 15(   or-) at the shop all compiling about these new laws, I asked how many went to the rally, not one and all had bs excuses, the owner replied loudly " most people have made plans on Sat." I left and will not go there again. But this is our problem and I don't know the cure. Then there are the three idiots the fired shots at the gun shows this week end. One was just stupid the other 2 could have been planed but who knows.
People don't stand together.  at this site people have insulted others for the way they hunt deer.
others think that small "infringements" on the 2nd amendment is okay.
If we don't stand together, all freedoms will go by the board.
some people are too ignorant of history to see where the current crop of liberals are taking us.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye