Author Topic: Seacoast Artillery to Re-Create Krupp Seacoast Gun  (Read 87243 times)

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
Re: Seacoast Artillery to Re-Create Krupp Seacoast Gun
« Reply #960 on: January 20, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
click image for short video.

#3 Please!
America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #961 on: January 21, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »
     #3, no problem.   Thanks Pete,   I was looking for that video all over the place on this huge thread! 
Another of our favorite videos featuring the Krupp Howitzer is the one below.  Beware…..there is a little,
barely audible, salty language from the survivor in the background on this one. 

This little skit features an Austrian spy, G. Lorenz (Rocklock1) who was on a French Reconnaissance
Ship in 1871, lurking around the northern German coast.  It came too close and was sunk by a 1,000 Lb
shell from a Krupp Howitzer.  A German telegraph message to the Seacoast  Battery informed them  that
he was to be rescued if possible.  Thus the line throwing apparatus was secured to the big Krupp and
fired into the midst of a group of survivors by the gunner, Kunze(SeacoastArtillery).  As luck would have
it, the Austrian spy grabbed the line and was hauled to shore.  The Frenchmen drowned, but remember,
this time around THEY were the ones planning an invasion!

Tracy and Mike

Click on image to play video.

Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
« Reply #962 on: January 28, 2013, 04:15:16 AM »
MT, Thought you might enjoy the shot of Carol with her battery of Krupps, shot two years ago in Virginia.

America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #963 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:22 AM »
     Thanks Pete!  What a great picture.  If we really work hard, maybe we can make the next New River Valley Cannon Shoot and meet you and the lovely Carol.  I agree with Double D. most heartily!  A Kewpie is certainly deserved.  I see KABAR2 was in attendance as well.  It looks like he loaned his, now famous, "Picklehaube" to your wife.  Mike says, "Now is the right time to reveal the East Coast friend who was the first one over the 10 Gun limit on the new Krupp".  He called moments after #10 had signed up and asked, "Am I too late to get #2 like last time", and we just couldn't refuse.  We did make him squirm a little bit, by observing a 12 second silence, but when he said,  "I'm wearing my Picklehaube, how can you possibly refuse me?!!  We caved immediately.  ;D

Tracy and Mike
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #964 on: January 28, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
Well Now that the Kat iz out ov ze bag Yes! that day I got into work and was blocked from signing in on the site when I saw this thread I emailed and backed it up with a phone call.... So I will be the happy owner of both # 2's  ;D  and now my coastal defenses will be even better than before.......and yes #2 is one of the 4 in the photo.....I do change hats now and then .... I do have a choice of tri-corns a couple of pith helmets and of course my Pickelhauben, I guess one way or another I have always stood out in a crowd....... Thanks again T&M

Allen <><
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium