Author Topic: drug testing my 99 year old mother  (Read 1919 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: drug testing my 99 year old mother
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 04:36:43 PM »
DIXIE DUDE. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »
Why should anyone be tested unless they display intoxication on the job?
GuzziJohn
We have millions on the food stamp program.
Today I was a denny's and they accept EBT,
There is a report that a few strip clubs in NY accept EBT and somehow cash was given and booze and lap dances were purchaed with the cards.  Not saying that they may not need help feeding their families but clearly my tax dollars should not be used for booze, drugs, or lap dances.  And if you want to recieve my tax dollars then simply prove you are not useing drugs and not drinking.  Because if I give you money to not only buy food but now to go out to eat, I want it cut off if you are using any of it for illegal substances. 
Oh can they tip on the EBT card?
And soon it will not matter as Obama care will mandate that all alchol, tabaco, illegal drugs, sugar, Salt, Fast food, and fats are bad for your health and will be eliminated. 

Offline FPH

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
I had a lady in front of me at the cashiers in a small local country store,  The lady went ballistic when the cashier refused to put the booze and cigs. on her card.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 01:58:45 AM »
I worked at a grocery store when I was in college.  I also have two of my kids who worked in grocery stores.  I and they saw the fraud every day.  One lady one time got mad because dog food wasn't paid for with food stamps.  She went back and bought hamburger and said her dog would eat hamburger.  This goes on ALL THE TIME.  I saw one construction worker where I work (he made about tripple minimum wage).  He bought some food stamps from a friend of his for half face value.  Said his friend needed cash.  This was before the food stamp card they give out now.  When they had commodities, there was less fraud.  It took more to administer labor wise, but far less fraud.  All the commodities were dry goods and canned goods.  Enough to keep people alive and fed. 

The bigger the feds get and the more dependents, the faster our nation will fall.  It can't keep deficit spending forever.  This will lead to a dictatorship.  Only two exist in modern terms.  Extreme left communism or extreme right facism.  Both are bad.  You guys who are left leaning democrat types.  Wake up.  Repubicans are almost as bad, but Obama has been far worse than Bush ever was. 

Conservatives don't mind helping those in need at all.  We just want accountability.  Not just throw money at the problems with a big inefficient government program.  Only at the local level can accountability take place.  Only those truely in need or who have paid into the system like SS deserve help.  Able bodied young people, including young unwed mothers, shouldn't get a dime.  Without money for dependent children, they wouldn't have so many kids.  Let the schools feed the kids three meals a day, then no food stamps needed for the kids.  Mother must work to provide clothing and a place to live.  Hmm, then they wouldn't have kids they couldn't afford. 

I think we should have year round school on a quarter system, with say 1-2 weeks off between quarters.  Let kids graduate at 10th grade with year round school.  They would be 16, therefore less drop outs.  No drivers license until they graduate high school.  Have trade school and jr. college start earlier.  Maybe more people would get an education.  This is they way Germany does it.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 02:09:03 AM »
My grandmother didn't get drug tested but the old quack country doctor she went to died . The new doctor looked at her chart and took her off alot of the meds she was on which kept her sedated (drunk), he also took her off the several shots of whisky the old quack had her drinking. After over 10 years of little conversation it was nice to talk to grandma once more.
 It might be good to test some older people to insure they are getting good medical attintion.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline fast*eddie

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:21 AM »
I would think that if some elderly person had to do a urine test that he or she could just hand over their Depends !  ::) ... ::) ... ::)
Semper Fi !

Offline powderman

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 06:22:44 AM »
There is a report that a few strip clubs in NY accept EBT and somehow cash was given and booze and lap dances were purchaed with the cards.

MCCWOODDUCK. I posted a story about that not long ago, yes, they were paying for booze and lap dances with your money. I'd definitely NOT test Guzzis Mother or anybody like her. Fact is that there are a LOT of folks getting them that are simply too lazy to work. The Bible says, he who WILL not work, neither shall he eat. It does NOT say, cannot work, as in disabled or elderly. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:48 AM »
That is why we in the chruch are supposed to take care of "widows and orphans".  Many early christian men were martyred and left a lot of "widows and orphans.  The biblical way is for the children to take care of elderly adults, then for the church to take care of the widows and orphans.  Everyone is covered.  The handicapped are to be taken care of also.  No where in scripture is an able bodied person supposed to take from the producers. 

Offline ultramag44

• Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 06:53:17 AM »
I agree, we need 100% accountability when public (taxpayer) $$ is involved.

But you guys know the dummycrats depend on those who vote for a living (vs us that work or have worked for our livings) to keep the libs in power.

So, you know who opposes accountability ;)

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)

Offline Brett

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »
Barnes' Notes on 2 Thessalonians 3:10For even when we were with you, this we commanded you - It would seem from this that the evil of which the apostle here complains had begun to operate even when he was with them. There were those who were disposed to be idle, and who needed the solemn command of an apostle to induce them to labor.

That if any would not work, neither should he eat - That is, at the public expense. They should not be supported by the church. This was a maxim among the Jews (see Wetstein, in loc.), and the same sentiment may be found in Homer, Demosthenes, and Pythagoras; see Grotius, in loc. The maxim is founded in obvious justice, and is in accordance with the great law under which our Creator has placed us; Genesis 3:19. That law, in the circumstances, was benevolent, and it should be our aim to carry it out in reference to ourselves and to others. The law here laid down by the apostle extends to all who are able to work for a living, and who will not do it, and binds us not to contribute to their support if they will not labor for it. It should be regarded as extending:

(1) to the members of a church - who, though poor, should not be supported by their brethren, unless they are willing to work in any way they can for their own maintenance.

(2) to those who beg from door to door, who should never be assisted unless they are willing to do all they can do for their own support. No one can be justified in assisting a lazy man. In no possible circumstances are we to contribute to foster indolence. A man might as properly help to maintain open vice.

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »
There is a report that a few strip clubs in NY accept EBT and somehow cash was given and booze and lap dances were purchaed with the cards.

MCCWOODDUCK. I posted a story about that not long ago, yes, they were paing for booze and lap dances with your money. I'd definitely NOT test Guzzis Mother or anybody like her. Fact is that there are a LOT of folks getting them that are simply too lazy to work. The Bible says, he who WILL not work, neither shall he eat. It does NOT say, cannot work, as in disabled or elderly. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
About 30 years ago, there was a guy holding a sign that said "will work for food" and people would slow down and hand him money.  across the street was a big sign at a dodge dealership wanting detailers.   I slowed down and pointed across the street and he used an expletive at me.
must have been a liberal.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
So who will hold the cup for these older folks ?

Offline powderman

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
That is why we in the chruch are supposed to take care of "widows and orphans".  Many early christian men were martyred and left a lot of "widows and orphans.  The biblical way is for the children to take care of elderly adults, then for the church to take care of the widows and orphans.  Everyone is covered.  The handicapped are to be taken care of also.  No where in scripture is an able bodied person supposed to take from the producers.

DIXIE DUDE. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 10:43:04 AM »
I agree.  If everyone taking free money from the gov't had to pass a periodic drug test, lots of them wouldn't get paid. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
I agree.  If everyone taking free money from the gov't had to pass a periodic drug test, lots of them wouldn't get paid.

I disagree they would get it and free treatment ! I'm wrong the treatment would not be free they just wouldn't be the ones paying. Until someone is allowed to starve to death no one who wants to get by allowing others to pay will even consider working.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »

Now if someone is going to USE MY TAX MONEY for welfare or unemployment, I think they MUST pass a drug test to get my money.......personally am tired of "spreading the wealth around".  Grow the stupid economy so all boats rise with the tide.  Our government is going to bankrupt itself within 4 years if we don't get spending under control...........

Works for me , lets stop with sending our tax dollars overseas to subsidize countries like Afghanistan , Israel, Iraq, Peurto Rico,  etc..etc.. etc..and on and on and on. Unless of course the populations of these countries want to pass a drug test , them maybe we can reconsider.

Small potatoes vs Large potatoes.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 03:03:03 AM »
It is interesting that in Florida so far 2.6% have failed testing, much less then the estimated general population use of around 8%. According to whose stats you want to use the state at best is about breaking even on money not paid out in benefits compared to what the drug testing costs or actually losing money. Also interesting the the republican governor had a substantial amount of stock in the ONLY company that does the testing. After criticism of him owning stock he did the big boy thing and transferred the stock from his name to his wife's name. Boy, that fixed it so he would not derive any benefit from the testing. ::)
GuzziJohn

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 03:26:41 AM »
In Alabama that would be an ethics violation.  A former governor, Fob James, owned Diversified Products Mfg co.  He couldn't own it while governor.  He sold it to Roadway, which in turned closed down the Alabama factory, and moved it overseas.  Sad, because he wanted to keep it in state. 

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 04:50:33 AM »
SHOOTALL, you make a good point, but I don't think the drug addicted welfare recipient wants to be treated, even if it's free.  If they had any character, they would not want to be jobless, and they would not want to be addicted, but the majority are so deficient in character, they have no desire to work or go through any kind of rehab.  They'd much rather it back and get paid to buy the substances they crave. 
I really don't know what the answer is.  If they didn't get food stamps and other benefits they could turn into cash, if the gov't didn't pay them at all to be useless, they'd be stealing to get whatever they could sell to buy the drugs.
Their ain't much a drug addict won't do to get his fix.  And the number of addicts is much higher than most people think.  Very few people are on welfare have the desire to get a job.  Perhaps my view is slanted.I've been in so many residences where the inhabitants obviously have no chance at all to be productive.  They are takers, and have taken for so long they know how to take.  The few people that  turn around and become employed and respectable, are those that have support from family.  Those who rely on the support of the gov't are lost forever. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 07:39:11 AM »
MIV , good points , Just an observation , man is the only animal on earth that supports the worthless instead of letting nature run its course . No one will change until they either have to or starve to death which brings back the first observation.