Author Topic: Gun Appreciation Day, MLK, and Slavery..........  (Read 160 times)

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)
Gun Appreciation Day, MLK, and Slavery..........
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
"I believe Gun Appreciation Day honors the legacy of Dr. King. I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history."

Gun Appreciation Day founder Larry Ward

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: Gun Appreciation Day, MLK, and Slavery..........
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
   I am in absolute 100% agreement and wish badly for someone or some organization to bring together the folks in this nation, regardless of color, to put a stop to the freedom robbers. Black folks deserve and value their firearms as much as anyone else and would be definitely raising their voices if they only were aware of what's happening.  I think the majority of the nation has little care for the world of politics and its true impact on their lives. The low information average person. Most only care after it affects them directly. We haven't come to that point yet but its coming.

The average black American could easily become one of the most strident and effective advocates of the 2nd amendment once the gun grabbing begins, in my opinion.  They don't have to look far back in history to a time when their people were't allowed guns, I've a feeling the right as it now stands in very very important to them. J

Active trader until 9-11-14 GB