Author Topic: Gun control scare....the ultimate stimulus program?  (Read 672 times)

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Gun control scare....the ultimate stimulus program?
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
I just got off the phone with midwayusa.com.  I was inquiring about an order I recently submitted.  They are usually quite quick with shipping stuff out, but this order is still in the "processing" stage.  They told me that they have been swamped with orders.  The sales rep informed me that they usually place 4000-6000 orders a day.  He then informed me that yesterday's orders were in the ball park of 25,000 orders.  THIS WAS JUST YESTERDAY"S ORDERS!!!!!  That's incredible. 

It's all a hot mess...........

Offline cudatruck

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Gun control scare....the ultimate stimulus program?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »
it has gone absolutly crazy! everything is sold out! store shelves are empty. i have been trading and purchasing supplies from other people on the forums. prices on some things have shot up to be damned unreasonable. >:(  I have enough to keep me busy for a while so i will try to wait this out. supplies just started to get back to normal, and here we go again. People are scared of our government. plain and simple. Guess i will need to get a mold or two after all and learn to cast boolits instead of just buying them. oh well one more facet of the hobby to learn.  :D

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:30:16 PM »
I have seen 1050 rounds of 22 lr sell on gun broker for 160 bucks plus shipping.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Redtail1949

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
just called gun shops locally..1 is staying open late tonight. he says store has been swamped all day. he says all ammo gone and most guns both new and used have sold in the last 2 days.

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:32:33 AM »
Yep - this gun control scare is great for the firearms business. Gotta love the thinking that - " I really don't need it or wanted one, but if they are going to ban it- I'm getting one".  Panic buying - People are stupid .
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:40 AM »
well, we will find out today if it is a scare or not. If obama decides to write into law the things that are being talked about, those that prepared will be set, those that didn't will pay dearly in the future.  They are talking about 50% tax on ammo, restricting the number of bullets that may be purchased at a time, etc.

I thought it was a scare also, but now I am more than a bit worried.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 03:14:45 AM »
I remember buying 500 round bricks of CCI Blazer .22lr for $10 - $11 not too many years ago.  This past year the cost was about double that.   When Obama gets his $.05 per bullet tax passed what do you think we will be paying for .22lr.   

Pretty soon we may as well all take up golf...  $45 - $75 a day greens fees are looking more reasonable all the time. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
I am glad I was the seller, 300% profit.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:14:57 PM »
Price gouging is not just for retailers..... ::)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 05:22:41 AM »
Price gouging is not just for retailers..... ::)

I guess auctions are gouging now!  ::)

Offline boomerralph

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »
Tried to go to a gun show today.  Line to enter was 500-600 people.  I was told it was a 2 to 3 hour wait just to get in.  obummer needs to back off and let the gun dealers restock.
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 01:18:27 AM »
  There is a bit if misleading going on here.  The recent moves by the leftists to kill gun rights is not just a "scare".. it is fact!
  The leftist governor of NY romanced his willing leftist, constitution smasher gang in Albany into passing some Draconian anti gun laws.   They passed them without the required 3-day hearing from the public.
     Remember... "you have to pass it so you can find out what's in it!" ?   ... Well we had the same kind of stupid action right here in the "Vampire State" just last week..
   Infringements such as 7-round clip..22s also as far as we know,... restrictions on shotguns, background check on ammo purchases and registration of some, if not ALL guns.  The Governor even speaks of confiscation of some guns..  He had to get this passed while certain people were still in an emotional turmoil because such Draconian measures would not get through a rational legislature.
   He speaks of this measure as being what Obama would like to do, but can't yet accomplish.  He moved quickly as he said, because he wanted to be "first" with such repressive actions.

It's not just a SCARE folks, the move against our guns is in 'full court press'..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 03:42:08 AM »
A good friend on mines daughter put a post on face book concerning gun control. It read, "Over one million abortions a year are performed in America, over 90% were for the convenience of the mother, and we are worried about gun control."
A little backround on my friends daughter, she is adopted, the product of a rape. She grew up in a loving family that encouraged her ambitions. Without her one Minnesota track and field record would not have been broken by quite a margin, and my home town still would not have its first student athlete to get a full ride athletic and academic scholarship to a division one college. She is now an elementary school teacher, I can't imagine her pro death liberal teachers union coworkers will have much ammunition to argue her points.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »
Billy;
  How right you are!  Those 20 children who were killed in Sand Hook is a real tragedy;  but then according to statistics, we should consider the 18 invisible children who could not show up that day..because they were killed before they had a chance.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)