Author Topic: Time to expand?  (Read 3105 times)

Offline crankshaft

• Trade Count: (0)
time to expand
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2004, 07:45:08 AM »
I am probably like most forum members, a lurker, who reads the posts on subjects that most interest them and asking an occasional question when needed or info cannot be found.  This site seems to have a forum for almost any interest.  Therefore I don't see a NEED to increase the number.  
  As an owner of of 13 Marlins, former MT member and a handloader for them I would like to see some connection between owning, collecting or shooting MARLIN firearms and a site called MARLIN TALK.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
Time to expand?
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2004, 08:34:08 AM »
Jim, I am one of those classified as computer illiterate so I don't know how to do it either although I know it can be done if you know what you are doing. It just makes it hard to read the whole thread if there are very many posts. I'm not trying to criticize any one but it sure would make it a lot easier to read the whole thread. Thanks. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Time to expand?
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2004, 10:53:41 AM »
In this case it was actually a chart not an image and so likely couldn't be resized. But I changed it to a link so it doesn't force us to scroll side to side. I've seen it and made use of it so the purpose of it is served.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

Re: time to expand
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2004, 11:30:48 AM »
Quote from: crankshaft
 As an owner of of 13 Marlins, former MT member and a handloader for them I would like to see some connection between owning, collecting or shooting MARLIN firearms and a site called MARLIN TALK.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2004, 01:09:06 PM »
Quote from: crankshaft
I am probably like most forum members, a lurker, who reads the posts on subjects that most interest them and asking an occasional question when needed or info cannot be found.  This site seems to have a forum for almost any interest.  Therefore I don't see a NEED to increase the number.  

I guess you guys confuse me as just what do you want??? You say you want a place you can talk about the issues you stated which splitting up into several boards will do yet you do not want that? Instead you say that one area is fine yet some here are giving me grief as a moderator  because other issues are being discussed besides the guns only talk. I my self prefer talking about a broad range of issues and prefer the misc talk site to mirror that style a open forum. Subjects like guns and reloading and gunsmithing or general gun questions would fit in well with the other boards proposed so I just wonder why some of you guys do not want that yet still ctriticise the post as it is being run now?? I really think splitting it up will give every one what they want so I cannot figure why some do not want it to change heck it sounds like that way MT was set up only with moderators and you get the best of both worlds so why the issues?? I guess I just do not know where some of you guys are coming from?  I think GB is trying very hard to make every one feel like they did not lose MT as he is trying to duplicate it here for you all except with a few simple rules and moderators. With the new server he will have the room and it still will not stop you guys from visiting all the other boards here at this site I and GB and the other moderators encourage it.  I think with the different areas you can discuss what you want in the board you want and then come back  to the misc area and talk on any subject. I think the reason with the big interest in the marlin area is that they had a lot of members lots of members more that several average forums together so if it helps GB by getting more members to come here and it keeps those members in a community that they lost instead of spreading them all over the place I see nothing wrong with that. I think GB is going the extra mile to keep us all together here and should be applauded for it! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline OTTOMATIC

Time to expand?
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2004, 01:44:12 PM »
GB:   Personaly I think the only 2 Topics that are missimg are    

S&W  FORUM    
         MISC FORUM                                                            

This place otherwise has it all..............OTTO

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2004, 02:46:33 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
I think GB is going the extra mile to keep us all together here and should be applauded for it! Jim
Dali Llama say he concur wholeheartedly. :-)

Offline BamBams

Time to expand?
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2004, 03:08:38 PM »
Sorry about the size of my chart guys.  I use a huge monitor, so things tend to fit on my screen better than say, the average 17" size screen.  Anyway, I'll be more conscious of this the next time I post something large.  Thank you for letting me know.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

Time to expand?
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2004, 03:16:01 PM »
Quote from: BamBams
Sorry about the size of my chart guys.  I use a huge monitor, so things tend to fit on my screen better than say, the average 17" size screen.  Anyway, I'll be more conscious of this the next time I post something large.  
Dali Llama say he appreciate courtesy shown by BamBams. :-)  :-)  :-)

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
catalog
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2004, 01:41:51 PM »
I am new to levers, however there are some areas to address. I own a pistol cal lever, others own center fire rifles, and the rim fire crowd. GB has a Lever forum Sooo.
Jim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Time to expand?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2004, 07:12:07 PM »
GB: Personaly I think the only 2 Topics that are missimg are

S&W FORUM
MISC FORUM

This place otherwise has it all..............OTTO

Ah so grasshopper, but there is a Misc. Forum. One here in the Marlin Section and another way down near the bottom of the Forums Index. That one is called the Humor and Off Topics Forum. It has been used as a Misc. Forum for years. Just take a look at the variety of stuff there from humor to asking about how to select a lawnmower.

Now as to the S&W Forum that's because I am personally boycotting S&W my former first love in handguns because of the "agreement". If and when the new ownership makes an honest effort to get out from under that agreement I will end my boycott. Well assuming they do it with a Republican in office. Other wise I'll know it is just a ploy and not an honest attempt. Until then you'll see no S&W Forum here.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!