Author Topic: Stiring the Pot ... With a gernade  (Read 8250 times)

Offline stevinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Stiring the Pot ... With a gernade
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »
For me a cz 75 I have is trustworthy, and it shoots any 9mm known to man. ;D

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »
Well, I'll say a 9mm Glock, just based on personal experience, shooting a lot of rounds thru a lot of different handguns...BUT, let me throw a wild card out there...The Ruger P series 9mm auto's.  Yea, inexpensive, and a little "clunky",  but I spent several years training an agency who issued that weapon, and it was just as reliable as anything else, and better then most...Put some of the "elite" brands to shame.  Only problem I seen with that series gun was the magazines were easily damaged when people stepped on them during reloading drills.  This is based on stock of armory issued weapons, with new classes coming thru every month, and who knows how many thousands of rounds fired thru them...

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 01:12:51 AM »
alot of it is luck of the draw. Ive had flawluss out of the box 1911s and ones that needed work from the same manufacture. As to cz i consider them good gun but there not blanket flawluss either. My buddy bought a 9mm targer version for ppc and it made 3 trips back to the factory before it would run right. He also had some magazine problems with it and had to exhange a couple magazines. Good news is it runs like a top now though.
My CZ pistols surpass my 1911's in being flawless in performance.  I never had to tweek my CZ's to get them up and running.  I've had brand new 1911's that failed right out of the box.  But once i learned to stop crying and fix them i can make them 100% reliabile too.  I also find once i got the 1911 cycling and functioning the way it should with FMJ ball ammo she is ready to rock at anytime and needs to further work. But i learned to stay away from hollow points in my auto pistols and shoot onlt FMJ ammo.  Afterall there manufactured and designed for FMJ ball ammo.
All I do to a brand new 1911 is to polish the feed ramp if it has any finish on it.  I remove the finish then the new 1911 is ready to test fire.
I had two bad colt 1911's that were do to the factory having quality problems in the 70's & 80's.  I should of sent them back.
Now what gun would you carry into a gun fight?   My CZ or 1911 as far as a pistol goes or my 41mag for my revolver choices.
I do not own any76 plastic guns yet.  Heck i just got into the plastic rifle stocks.
blue lives matter

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 01:27:41 AM »
A GOOD Smith is worthy to be supported.
I only buy used guns.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ronbow

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:03 AM »
My experience with omniverous autos has been with a Berreta M9 and FNX40. Both ate anything and everything from +P Buffalo Bore to Russian crap.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17:25 PM »
Undoubtedly, IMO, the best, most accurate, shoot rocks out of the box weapon is the SIG SAUER.
Now---that does not mean that another platform can't be made to perform as well or weller ( ;) ) and feels a lot more comfortable in the hand.
All this said---I will say that a well developed 1911 is the choice.
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ole 5 hole group

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 02:32:46 AM »
Like Lloyd said, a lot depends on the luck of the draw - BUT, I'll add a person has to be pretty darn unlucky to get a lemon these days.  The Glock 21's seem to handle everything you throw at it except reloads that are a little under-powered.  Sig P220's are mighty fine pistols as well and so are a lot of the others mentioned.  My Baer 1911's have handled everything from mousefart reloads to 265 grain cast at 1,000fps and has never missed a beat with ball, plated, HP or cast bullets.  When ole Lloyd ventures out in Harm's Way with that Glock I'll be at his side with a 1911, as that's my choice.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 06:06:16 AM »
S&W 5906
It is the ONLY auto I really trust after using the 1911 and a few others.
Would like to get my hands on a 4506 though, just to see if it is as reliable.
I had its cut down brother, the 6906. I shot handloads almost exclusively and I was always experimenting with loads,different bullet weights and types. It was so reliable with everything I started experimenting with reduced loads just to see how light I could go and still get reliable function. I had to reduce the 115 grain bullet to under 800 fps before it began to have an occasional hiccup.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 04:32:20 PM »
Undoubtedly, IMO, the best, most accurate, shoot rocks out of the box weapon is the SIG SAUER.
Now---that does not mean that another platform can't be made to perform as well or weller ( ;) ) and feels a lot more comfortable in the hand.
All this said---I will say that a well developed 1911 is the choice.
Blessings
That is my point.
The most reliable semi auto, I guess one that has been to a good smith follows the original post.
My vote is for a Sig, so far I own 6 and all of them after the first 150 rounds have never had a hick up.
But then again neither has my S&W sigma 9F and I had an Astra 600 in 9mm that too shot everything.
And a reworked Mauser 96 Bolo in 9mm and it too shot everything. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 05:28:14 AM »
If you have to gunsmith a gun out of the box I feel it is not 100% , Of course a 300 or so round break in is OK.
 I have owned 7+ sigs and all but two were 100% out the box. Two were dogs , a 225(new) and a 239(used). (2's and 96 Bretta's were 100% out the box One Glock came broken the rest were 100% out the Box. Same for several Colt 1911's that were 100% out the box. A PPKs was not , A HSC was . Point is much goes into 100% from ammo to shooters ablity. So it's important to judge if the gun is 100% for you. As example when clean the PPKs was 100% but my work often ment sand , lint and other junk got on/in the gun making it not 100% so for me it did not work.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 05:42:12 AM »
GLOCK.......... Squeeze trigger bang.... 99.99% of the time out of the box... any caliber.

PAH
The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 06:01:05 AM »
First off, I like all kinds, styles, brands (For the most part) and most calibers.  ;)

The questions was ALL brands and styles more than any other...My answer is GLOCK. (Most others one would choose, will be a derivitive of this design.)

I also cut my teeth with the 1911, the Glock did not exist when I was learning what a combat handgun was, but work with all ammo styles and shapes, with out tuning... NOT BY A LONG SHOT! Can it be MADE to out preform... thats a tall order too. I still say no, not with all things considered. Make it more accurate. That removes some of its ability to funtion in adverse conditions. Make it 100% Functional, precision goes away and with it enough accuracy that its at best on par with the Glock...

JMHO, CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!