Author Topic: Obama proposes $2.8M for Savannah port expansion GA Wants 105 million  (Read 165 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Seems GA wants Govt to kick in 105 million in taxpayer dollars to aid in Savannah port expansion project.
Obama has proposed  $2.8 million instead.

"The Savannah Harbor expansion is a vitally important endeavor that will bring more jobs and businesses not just to Georgia, but to the entire Southeast," said Sen. Saxby Chambliss in a statement. "''I am pleased that the Obama administration is still in support of this project."

Hmmm ... Wonder what the difference is between Sandy aid and Port expansion , aside from one coming to the aid of those in need , both bills help create Jobs and rebuild infrastructure and boost economy.

Oh wait I get it. -

Since southeast is predominately GOP territory I wonder how long it will take congress to pass legislation allocating tax payer funding. Bet a lot less time then it took to pass Sandy aid Bill to help predominantly democrat northeast territory for Americans  in need in winter.

And why are we even considering kicking in fed tax payer funds at a time when congress is saying spending is out of control.

I'm going to pop some popcorn in the microwave and watch the hypocrisy unfold over the next few months in congress and comments to this thread. 
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Obama proposes $2.8M for Savannah port expansion GA Wants 105 million
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Savannah wants to dock cruise ships and being a cruise nut, I hope they get to.  that being said, the people at large shouldn't have to pay for Savannah businesses to make a fortune.
Savannah should pay for Savannah.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye