Author Topic: Update: This forum is permanently added  (Read 2197 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Update: This forum is permanently added
« on: February 14, 2004, 08:25:39 PM »
OK this will be a poll and I will open this thread for replies. This section and this forum are not yet open for general use. That will happen only if and when you tell me it is what you want.

So take the poll. Then feel free to tell me anything you want me to hear on the subject of this particular forum.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 11:34:34 AM »
Just me.
After a bit of thought, perhaps we could make it more like it used to be by separating centerfire into a 336 forum and a Marlin Big Bore forum.
I think someone had "carried over" the actual site map on one of the posts somewhere, and if it were simply a matter of convenience and not too much hassle, duplication may be the simplest thing to do.
The New Sheriff
Rifleranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 11:44:06 AM »
Quote from: RIFLERANGER
Just me.
After a bit of thought, perhaps we could make it more like it used to be by separating centerfire into a 336 forum and a Marlin Big Bore forum.
I think someone had "carried over" the actual site map on one of the posts somewhere, and if it were simply a matter of convenience and not too much hassle, duplication may be the simplest thing to do.
The New Sheriff
Rifleranger
Dali Llama say he prefer there be only one Marlin Talk forum.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 01:13:10 PM »
Rifle Ranger Welcome as a Moderator !! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Riflemanz

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 02:39:57 PM »
Marlin Misc
Marlin Cowboy
marlin Bigbore
Have you hugged your 45-70 lately?
NRA Member
Menomonee Falls Gun club member
REM 7400 .270
Marlin 1895,1894
Ruger 44Mag Super Redhawk
Glock 19

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 05:09:22 PM »
Nanook I know there is anomosity between you too but give it a rest will you. That is one reason I am pushing spliting things up so every one can have a place to go when things get overwelming at one place. Lets every one try to get along. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 05:23:10 PM »
Yes please. Both Nanook and Dali please give the animosity a rest.

The vote is overwhelmingly going to a separation. That will happen. Right now we just have to decide what the final shake out of them will be and who the moderators will be. Moderators are getting lined up even now.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 02:49:34 AM »
The 336 and big bore talk was boreing to me on the old MT.It was just the same talk,over and over,like how do I  clean my Marlin,or what can I hunt with a 3030,or can I make my 3030 into a 35.I would ask myself what are theas people doing with guns,who gave it to them. :lol:

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 04:47:36 AM »
OKIE DOAKIE guys, this one is NOW about discussion of Marlin Centerfire rifles. Let's constrain the discussion to that topic and use the Misc. Forum for the rest.

BUT remember the rules. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS tolerated on this site. Don't be guilty from this moment on. What happened over at the old Marlin Talk site stays there. It doesn't come here.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 02:36:12 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
OKIE DOAKIE guys, this one is NOW about discussion of Marlin Centerfire rifles. Let's constrain the discussion to that topic and use the Misc. Forum for the rest.

BUT remember the rules. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS tolerated on this site. Don't be guilty from this moment on. What happened over at the old Marlin Talk site stays there. It doesn't come here.

GB

I here you Sarge! :D

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 12:33:44 PM »
Dali Llama say he not understand why Nanook 450 wish to continue to verbally assault Dali after Graybeard ask him to cease and desist. Dali say he find continuation disheartening  and embarrassing .

He hasn't. He ended it. Now it is time for you to do the same. Nuff said.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
marlins
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 02:06:35 PM »
Maybe I am a little loose tonight, but I don't see why this all can't be handled in the lever file. It need s some main stay direction anyway. I am beginning to think you buy levers because you have no sight to the next day.
Jim

Offline Ken in SENM

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 11:59:18 AM »
Jim,

It prob'ly could be handled in the lever section, but there are some of us (ME!) who really don't look beyond Marlins. That might not be very smart, but nevertheless, it is true. That being the case, I think it is kinda nice to be able to come to this section and talk and read mostly about Marlin levers.

I also appreciate the fact that Graybeard was willing to make it easy for those who lost a home when Marlintalk disappeared to have a place to come and still feel at home. Marlins, for me, are kinda like my wifemate. She sure ain't perfect, and she might not be attractive to anybody else, but I sure do like her!! So it is psychologically pleasing to me to have a lever section AND a Marlin lever section as well.

Who knows? One of these days, GB may very well decide to merge them once every body gets all moved in and comfy!! The rules are a bit different here, better I think, and some of the new fellers need a bit of schooling <BG!>. Let's wait and see what happens, OK? Ain't nuthin' wrong with being a bit loose. Fact is, it is a pretty good way to be!!

So long.... Pudge
So long ... Pudge

Offline oso45-70

marlin lever action center fire rifles
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 05:22:10 PM »
Greybeard, I have a pile of marlin guns, I know i don't post as much as some of the guys do but i sure do enjoy sitting in, as long as everyone is getting along, what ever you do is fine with me,,,,,, i enjoy this spot a lot.
          thank you sir, Joe
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain