Author Topic: Questions About An Old Signal Cannon  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
Re: Questions About An Old Signal Cannon
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »
I've had that style of interupted thread on shotgun shell cannons that I've sold before. But like your photos, they all had a firing pin mechanism which mine lacks. I'll get some more photos of the cascable this afternoon and try to get one down the barrel of the breech, too.

I'm 90% sure that it originally had one of some sort. No other reason I can see for the extra goodies on the cascabel.

I'm going with 99% sure it did! ;D  I believe (my 2 cents worth) the firing pin was replaced with the hex bolt. I was almost positive I had pictures or a link to another cannon with a similar setup but for the life of me I can't find them :( ..................

Dewayne

Okay then, I'm gonna up my bid to 99.1%

Hope the Auctioneer sees my hand before the hammer falls.  ;)
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 04:02:13 AM »

Ooooohh, so it's the ole secret code bidding ploy, is it. Alrighty then, I am 110% absolutely positive, that this is a black powder shell firing salute/signal cannon.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline de_lok

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 06:09:13 AM »

Ooooohh, so it's the ole secret code bidding ploy, is it. Alrighty then, I am 110% absolutely positive, that this is a black powder shell firing salute/signal cannon.

Ha Ha........................... ;D

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:16 AM »
A photo of the other type breech previously mentioned.

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.