Author Topic: OUCH !!!  (Read 698 times)

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
OUCH !!!
« on: February 16, 2004, 04:40:11 AM »
Go myself a Pardner 12 ga. rifled slug gun this weekend
for my next Boar Hunting trip.
Nice, short, Handy and VERY LIGHT !
I have since found out why its last owner
didn't want it.   It is difficult to keep a
grip on the forearm when you Squeeze the trigger!!!
This little sucker kicks like an Alabama Mule !!!!
I Love it !!!!
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
OUCH !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 04:48:58 AM »
Gotta love a little recoil in the morning!  :wink:

The best recoil reduction I've ever used on my pardner is a lot of adrenaline, and I think a bore hunt would be just the dose I'm looking for!!!   :grin:

Good hunting!!

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
OUCH !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 05:40:02 AM »
I agree scruffy I can't rember the recoil of my Tracker II when shooting at a deer.  But boy does it knock you around at the range........IMHO go with the 2 3/4" sabots.

Dave H.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
OUCH !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 12:58:14 PM »
i had a 12ga tracker2 for about 3 weeks, just long enough to try a couple different sabots, and to find out it just hurts to shoot it. i have a 20ga tracker 2 my boy uses for deer, my wife has used it to,  recoil is not bad. but those 12ga. models are too much for me. and i am not a small guy, 5'11 and 235lbs, i got to say that 12ga tracker2 was just too much. it made my 30-06 feel like a 410. i dont mind a good thump, but man is them 3 inch sabots just too mean out of a 5lb gun. i did try one of my buddy's 12ga ultras, and i got to say that those dont kick much at all. and what a tac driver it is. got to say i would go with an ultra if i ever got a 12ga slug gun again.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
OUCH !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 05:06:48 AM »
You could always send the receiver back for a 20 ga barrel> You think that recoil is ruff try a 3 1/2" turkey load out of one of these 6 Lb guns. Like the other guys said You never notice it when its pointed at game.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
OUCH !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 09:10:15 AM »
them turkey loads are mean enough for me in a 3 inch. i got some #4 buck in 3.5 inch mags from winchester. i thought they would work great on coyote when we are running them with dogs. 54 pellets of buckshot, not much coyote left. LOL and alot of black and blue on the shoulder. i bought a box of 5, and i have 3 of them left. i dont plan on using them again. but i will be glad to let any of my buddys that decide they need 3.5 inch 12ga guns try one shot. i bet they go with a 10ga insteed. i guess that is what kinda bugs me, my 10ga kicks alot less then these 3.5 inch 12ga. of course my remington sp-10 has alot more weight behind it which helps alot. i wish nef would make a Heavy barrel turkey gun in a 12ga. i bet those 3.5 inch loads would not be too bad then.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!