Author Topic: CIA admits full monitoring of facebook and other social networks.  (Read 1968 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CIA admits full monitoring of facebook and other social networks.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 05:53:38 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised 1 or 2  of the staunch conservatives on GBO are really CIA  plants  to get the feel of things. I suspect the ones with the most complaints about the government to actually be working for the government.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 06:23:25 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised 1 or 2  of the staunch conservatives on GBO are really CIA  plants  to get the feel of things. I suspect the ones with the most complaints about the government to actually be working for the government.

We have discussed you in our meetings but have determined you to be relatively harmless and no threat at this time.

Just remember, we are watching.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 06:47:27 AM »
Gotta  watch  out  for  those  double  aught  spies .

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 04:21:16 AM »
I'm watching you Kimber and a list of others.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline wganz

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »
The rock group, Styx, pegged it years ago with their song 'Grand Illusion'.

Welcome to the Grand illusion
Come on in and see what's happening
Pay the price, get your tickets for the show
The stage is set, the band starts playing
Suddenly your heart is pounding
Wishing secretly you were a star.

But don't be fooled by the radio
The TV or the magazines
They show you photographs of how your life should be
But they're just someone else's fantasy

So if you think your life is complete confusion
Because you never win the game
Just remember that it's a Grand illusion
And deep inside we're all the same.
We're all the same...

So if you think your life is complete confusion
Because your neighbors got it made
Just remember that it's a Grand illusion
And deep inside we're all the same.
We're all the same...

America spells competition, join us in our blind ambition
Get yourself a brand new motor car
Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on Earth's this spell we're under
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are

Heard on the radio that the #1 goal of people today is fame. Note the national obsession with American Idol. FaceBook is one of the narcotics helping feed this narcissism. Instant gratification is the high, the rush that people seek.

Offline wganz

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
I'm sure I'm on so many different lists that they've got to have a cross reference just to keep the various lists updated on me. Pretty sure that I've already made it to the feces list for sure.
 :P

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 11:51:49 PM »
They don't (conspiracy theories aside, of course).

Personal data from the 4473 we fill out is used to perform a background check via NICS. By law, the data is not recorded. The FFL just gets a yes or no on eligibility to transfer to the buyer (usually by phone). There isn't even a mechanism to record if the sale was actually completed (like if a buyer put the gun on layaway and then couldn't pay for it) or not.
One thing; what is not permitted by regulation in this country is permitted if the data is stored in another country. With form 4473 one gets approved for a firearm transferr...now if denied that information is stored_ _must be for appeals. If approved the NICs form data may not be recorded per regs, but a likely 'sale-transfer' probably is recorded. Anyway, data not suppose to be accessible in this country, most certainly is if it finds its way to another country and stored there. Medical records are a good example. FFL are used to store records for the Feds....with the digital age they don't need paper records stored by FFLs any longer, and that's one of the things the new laws are aimed at fast tracking gun posssesions..
Kinda like drinking and gambling in the old days.....ship goes out to international waters and the party begins.
..TM7

Okay. Just for fun, let's assume the above is happening. So...

Is there some secret dept as large as the IRS (who and where are these folks? Area 51?) operating within one or another three-letter agency that's cross-referencing 4473 and supposed "sale transfer" data with stolen firearm reports and lists of firearms destroyed or otherwise disposed of by law enforcement (1000s of police depts)? What about guns gifted to children, left to family members after death, etc.? There are legal face-to-face sales, gun show sales, etc. with no 4473. What about folks who lose a gun and never report it, or report it but have no record of its serial number? Also, many a cheap broken gun is simply tossed into the trash. Then there are those who don't know the law (or maybe they do but ignore it) and sell a gun to someone without doing a legal transfer.

So how many guns are really able to be traced to the original purchaser, even after ten years? 50%?

20+ year old 4473s can be destroyed by the FFL if they wish. I doubt many that old are turned over to the ATF, so those records are largely gone. Those under 20 years old that have been turned over might could be useful.

Or maybe not...

"Hay Cooter, they's some men at the door wantin' a know iffin' you got a 38 reevolver you bought over at the Gun Bucket in 1994. Aint that tha one that fell out the boat when you was noodlin' las summer?"

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:53 AM »
So you are making a list, but are you checking it twice ? ;)
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:53 AM »
It's not post Constitution USA till I say it is.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.