Author Topic: buck shot mold  (Read 824 times)

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
buck shot mold
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
who makes a good variety of buckshot molds?

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: buck shot mold
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:32 AM »
ive got a couple sharpshooter buck molds and they get the job done. Personaly i prefer the lee though. Casts just as well and doesnt have the hot handle problem the sharpshooter molds do.
blue lives matter

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 01:24:42 PM »
ive got a couple sharpshooter buck molds and they get the job done. Personaly i prefer the lee though. Casts just as well and doesnt have the hot handle problem the sharpshooter molds do.

Hi Lloyd.  Tell us about the hot handles and how did you solve it?   :)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 05:03:33 PM »
Quote from: Hairy Chest
Quote from: Lloyd Smale

Hi Lloyd.  Tell us about the hot handles and how did you solve it?

YES please tell us!

Also, what 'caliber' are your cast lead balls?  :)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 12:43:48 AM »
ive got a lee 00 mold and a #3 and #4 buck sharpshooter. I see some guys with the sharpshooters extend the handles with slabs of wood. I never got around to doing it. I just cast with them using welders gloves. BELIEVE me you arent going to hold on to them long without them.
blue lives matter

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:08:40 AM »

#3 or #4 Buck?  Both are good sizes!  (because they offer such denser patterns - compared to 00 Buck especially.

When casting any of them, does the tiny flat spot where the sprue was cut ..... does that have any [negative] effect [whatsoever] on how each buckshot pellet performs/patterns?

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 05:36:59 AM »
Quote from: Hairy Chest
Quote from: Lloyd Smale

Hi Lloyd.  Tell us about the hot handles and how did you solve it?

YES please tell us!

Also, what 'caliber' are your cast lead balls?  :)

Seventy Caliber!  :)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.