Author Topic: MARTS, What Happened?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
MARTS, What Happened?
« on: February 17, 2004, 11:44:59 AM »
With all the old talk about Mart's, what happened to them? Did  anyone ever deal with them, which is what I was waiting for, or did someone find out they were bogus?
Don

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 02:23:42 PM »
I would say that judging by the number of hits that looked and didn’t post that either nobody knows or nobody cares.

I was wondering too.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 04:09:26 PM »
I'm still gonna give him a look see I hate to blow someone off without really knowing what the deal is. Plus I am going to vist Dixe gun works and thats on the way. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 04:18:17 PM »
I think he might be legit, but not at the level his web site might indicate.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline jeff223

MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 04:22:22 PM »
someone drove there and checked them out.they were not inpressed.i dont know for sure if they are on the up and up myself but i know one thing.that is i would never do buisness with them.

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 05:08:18 PM »
Thanks jeff223,

Your word is good enough for me.   I will just buy from my local dealer and use the H&R/NEF accessory barrel program for my extras.

:toast:    :agree:
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 08:58:30 PM »
I remember that MAC11700 was going to check them out. How about it MAC? Did you make your trip?
mt
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline rmtaylor

• Avid Poster
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 02:37:32 AM »
He made the trip and the man did not have the equipment that he said he had at his shop. Someone that I have seen since we came to Graybeard said they were going to buy something from them but have not seen any posts about it yet.

Richard
NRA Member
Living in Michigan but  "MY Home's in ALABAMA"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Marts
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 12:37:34 PM »
Yes..I drove for 17.5 hrs. round trip to see them.They didn't have any of  the equipment there,that they mentioned in their post and I left,after 15-20 minutes.I posted some questions to them after I got home and was told an entirely differnt story.When I was there I was told that they were sub-letting out a-lot of work,so naturally I posted a question as to how much of their work was sub-letted out...I never got a reply.The reply that I got was that their equipment was at one of the owners home and that no one was allowed to go there.I was never told this in any conversation on the phone or e-mail or PM from the H&R site,prior to my going there..Had I been told that I couldn't see the equipment,and their operation, I never would have driven down there in the first place. I saw a few barrels,and receivers and a couple of rifles .One was a personal rifle of a person there,the others were new.I was also shown a Rem Mod 700 action one of the owners was working on....that's about it.
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
MARTS, What Happened?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 02:16:24 PM »
Thanks for replying to this. I wasn't sure what had occurred, but I had the feeling that it was questionable. You know the old saying about when it sounds too good to be true, it probabaly is. I just wanted to make sure we didn't loose a good opportunity in the recent shuffle. Mac, thanks for checking them out, and passing along your impressions.
Don