Author Topic: Selling Ruger Old Army?  (Read 622 times)

Offline MikeR

• Trade Count: (0)
Selling Ruger Old Army?
« on: March 09, 2004, 04:33:01 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but hopefully someone here can answer this for me.  I've got a nice Ruger Old Army that I'd like to sell, but I've had no luck locally.  I assume that I can list this gun on Greybeard's classifieds and ship to a buyer without an FFL - is this correct (as long as there are no local laws against black powder guns being shipped).  Are there any restrictions on the how these guns have to be shipped?  Appreciate any help.

Offline howdy doody

• Contributor
Selling Ruger Old Army?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 04:32:58 AM »
There may be some local ordinances about shipping, but for the most part C&B guns are exempt from the FFL type laws governing cartridge guns. You should protect yourself with a copy of the buyers drivers license or some such as there are laws about not selling to under 18 years old.
You can still get a gun under 18 by joining the army with parents permission and they will give you one free, go figure.
If you have the adjustable sighted ROA, then the market is a lot slimmer than the market for the fixed sight version. I have four ROAs, two 7 1/2 and two 5 1/2. Love them. I had a adjustable sight version no one would pay a fair price for and I traded it for two 51 Navy repros.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody

Darksider from Doodyville USA

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Ruger Old Army
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 07:49:49 AM »
How about a description of your Old Army?  I have some interest in picking one up.

Offline MikeR

Selling Ruger Old Army?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 05:28:27 PM »
Sure.  It is a 7.5" stainless model with adjustable sights.  Gun is in very good condition.  I bought it used (not shot much at all) probably 10 years ago.  I shot it quite a bit when I first got it, but I've pretty much lost interest in shooting black powder guns.  Kind of hate to leave it just sitting in the safe so I thought I'd see if I could find it a better home.  Send me a PM if you're interested and maybe we can work something out.