Author Topic: C.O.R.E. = refreshing outlook from black leaders  (Read 507 times)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
C.O.R.E. = refreshing outlook from black leaders
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:43:14 AM »
I saw a program with speakers from C.O.R.E.,the Congress of Racial Equality. They were mostly black, many were preachers ( not poverty pimp reverends like al and jesse ) and many were women. The main theme was that throughout history one of the biggest threats to their freedom was the ability to own firearms. Especially during reconstruction, if blacks and poor southerners owned firearms they could defend themselves against the KKK and others.

One lady said she would call 911 after she used her Glock to hit center mass on an attacker. She also said she taught her daughters how to defend themselves with a firearm before they learned how to drive a car. They said the main reason that Obama was pushing gun control now was to distract people from the bad economy. One of them , a Dr.in a Brooklynn trauma center ,said 2-3 people came to the e.r. every night with gunshot wounds from illegally possessed guns and at least 1 and many times 2 died. He said between New York and Chicago there were as many deaths as Sandy Hook in just a few days.

I had never heard of this group and it was real refreshing to hear some comman sense solutions from  predominately black  speakers. I only wish they would get more press. Maybe the NRA would be well advised to help promote this group and their philosophy.                             

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: C.O.R.E. = refreshing outlook from black leaders
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »
 I absolutely agree and am VERY hopeful that the black citizens here in the U.S will be the MOST vocal of all proponents to the 2nd amendment, once they as a collective, figure it out. Word is slowly spreading. J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline rod251

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »
I absolutely agree and am VERY hopeful that the black citizens here in the U.S will be the MOST vocal of all proponents to the 2nd amendment, once they as a collective, figure it out. Word is slowly spreading. J

I hope the word spreads to this democrat state rep. Here's a link to the story I caught on today's local news:

http://m.knoe.com/knoe/db_272492/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=1Fr1sURz

Someone needs to educate this woman.  Here's a link to her website in case anyone would like to contact her:
http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Reps/members.asp?ID=3

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:48:51 AM »
Exactly- We hear about the loony, left-wing black leaders and not much about people that represent C.O.R.E.  The left likes to bring up Jim Crowe days, and the CORE people remind everyone the first thing re constructionists did was try and disarm the blacks and southern whites so they could force them to fall into line. That fact seems to be lost in the current diatribe against gun ownership.

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49:32 AM »
    Yt3- My point was the exact opposite of your article. Instead of blaming others, the people at CORE were taking responsibility for their own well being. They value the Second Amendment and protect themselves from being victims.