Author Topic: Case Lube  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Case Lube
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 03:52:19 PM »
The cases Ive stuck with hornady one shot was NOT operator error. Clean dies, spray a lil in the dies, spray at an angle blah,blah blah. I read and reread the directions after the first time it happened. If it works good for you guys then great but please dont tell me it was something I did...

Well no offense, but it would have to be something you did... I've never used one shot, but I have heard of many people who swear by it and have never had an issue with it.  Now maybe there isn't much room for error with it, as others are more forgiving.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline bucco921

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
Well if following the directions is my fault then Im guilty as charged. Offense taken, if youve never used it why are you even commenting on it??? Some people swear by it but 2 other guys in this very thread who have reloaded way more than myself wont touch it again either.

Offline bucco921

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »
Back to the topic, the cabelas brand pump spray worked very well for me also, I wouldnt be surprised if it was made by rcbs, the bottle and contents look exactly alike. I just use the lee because I have a ton of it and it works.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »
look for lanolin that has NO WATER in the mix. Thats where the anyhydrous comes from. As to imperial sizing wax all it is is lanolin and you can get a pound of lanolin for the same price as one of those little tins. I bought a 2lb tub of it for 30 bucks. I also use it in making bullet lube (felix lube)  so I have to buy it anyway. As to the guys saying they never had a stuck case with oneshot and its operators error if it happens ill say this. You just havent lubed enough cases or did any sizing of larger cases or sat down and ran a couple thousand rounds of brass through a small base die or you too will have found a need for a stuck case removal tool.. Ive lubed and sized as many cases as anyone here and probably anyone in the country and like i said, one shot is convient and its nice that you can about leave it on and load without tumbling but its far from the best case lube out there. Use it enough and you too will be one of those ERROR PRONE loaders.
go to your local pharmacy and ask for anhydrous lanolin. Its the same thing as imperial sizing wax and is much cheaper. I use it for most of my loading. I just put a bunch of cases in a box and put a dap in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together and then work them through the brass in the box.
Lloyd - Is there a brand name for the anhydrous lanolin?  I know it's an over the counter item, the only thing I found at my pharmacy (CVS) was "Lantiseptic" (It's a Multi-Purpose Daily Care Skin Protectant).  The active ingredient is: Lanolin USP 30%.  Inactive ingredients: Beeswax (yellow wax), Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Oxyquinoline, Petroleum, Purified Water, Sodium Borate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate.

Is this it?  I want to get it a shot (pun intended).

If not, I have new skin lotion/cream for my feet. ::)
blue lives matter

Offline the_spotdoctor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 05:55:43 AM »
Reading the threads as usual. I would agree with Revbc about unique. It is the best lube I have used, in my opinion. Also, I tend to agree with Lloyd on his points about stuck cases,To those who have never had a stuck case, they are extremely lucky or have not reloaded very  much. Try about 500 7MM Rem Mag cases and get sloppy and see what happens. They are a pain in the #ss to get out to. Just putting my 2 cents in on this conversation.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
WELL I SEE THE PISSING MATCH HAS STARTED OVER WHAT WORKS BETTER , SO ITS DONE !!!

Stimpylu32
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped