Author Topic: NBC lies again...  (Read 517 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
NBC lies again...
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »
Trouble viewing this email? Read it online? height=29[/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]
1-800-392-8683 | www.nraila.com height=26
  [/t][/t]
    Statement from Chris W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director, regarding inaccurate NBC story alleging that NRA won't oppose background check bill   

An article appearing today on NBCNews.com is falsely reporting that NRA will not oppose legislation being negotiated in the U.S. Senate that would mandate background checks for all gun purchasers.

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, "provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks". This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system.

The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.

Write your Reps height=40Get Involved height=40Register to Vote height=40Contibute height=40
Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email is a broadcast email generated by an automated system. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030 In order to ensure you receive NRA-ILA email alerts in a timely manner, please adjust your SPAM settings to accept bulk emails from admin@nramedia.org and NRA_ILA@nramedia.org domains. Otherwise, there is a possibility that our email alerts will not make it to your inbox. height=179
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: NBC lies again...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:22 AM »
Criminalizing Private Sales... well put.

I'm not against peeps going through a background check to buy a gun from a private seller, but I'm against make someone a criminal for not doing it. None of gov't damned business.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:31:21 AM »
Let's put this in perspective.
A friend or maybe a family member stops by for a visit on say Sat evening.
You are sitting around talking shop and you/he mentions that you/he have a gun you want to sell.
You/he strike a price and the deal is done.
Not so fast.
First you have to do a back ground check.
AH, you/he don't have the paper work and right now the way the law is written neither one of you can call in for a back ground check anyway.
So now you/he has to find someone with an FFL to do the check for you/he.
It's getting late and you/he find out that there is no one open to do the check.
Now you have to wait until tomorrow, but wait, that's a Sunday and in your town there is no FFLs open on that day either.
Now what do you do?
You/he either have to wait until Monday, which is a work day for both of you and neither one of you gets home until sometime after five PM.
Sorry, our local FFL closes up shop at five sharp.
One day it all works out for you both.
You are both off work the same day and meet at the local FFL that is open and glad to do the check for you.
He does have to log it into his books as per the law and charges X $$$ to do that along with the back ground check fees.
Dang, what a waste of time & money for something that is all but useless for anything other then creating a national gun registry data base for the government.
You both are legal.
You have proved it many times before when you bought that last gun at the gun shop in the past.
Until you do something that makes you illegal why do you have to keep proving your innocence?
Why do you have to keep doing it, over and over again!
No more swapping guns with your buddy on a whim down at the local gun range unless you have an FFL there with a phone or a fax.
Makes a lot of sence doesn't it!

That is why I am against the mandatory back ground check system for private sales on all guns!!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 03:56:37 AM »
I ticked off a Poleaze officer one time many years ago when I lived in NJ.  I had jumped threw all the requisite hoops (submitting to fingerprinting like a common criminal and filling out scads of paper work including lists of character references) to acquire a handgun purchase permit and bought a revolver.  Well about six months later I found another hand gun I really wanted so had to apply for another purchase permit.  I was told that they needed to fingerprint me again for the State Police background check (which of course comes with a fee).  I looked him in the eye and said these are the same damn hands I came in here with about six months ago... don't you keep them on record some where?  As you can guess I did not win that argument.  But I did eventually get another purchase permit.  They could stall me but had no legal grounds to refuse me.  After the six week filing period they either had to give me the permit or give me a valid legal reason why they could not issue the permit.  After the sixth week I was calling and bugging them just about every day until they finally called me as said come get your permit.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 04:16:45 AM »
As to these background checks. Mn. like many states has a permit to purchase handgun laws, as well as evil black rifles. You get one and its good for a year as I recall. As far as I can tell it is pretty much the same as the one you send to the feds, but they want to be first I suppose. A carry permit has the same weight.

This is just me and you folks can do as you wish. I want to see that purchase permit from someone if I sell them a handgun, most especially if I don't really know them. The local sheriff gave me that advice, said it wasn't law, but that I had absolutely nothing to lose, and if something bad happened it would certainly not hurt if I were in front of a judge.  There are no doubt many principled objections, but for my peace of mind it's what I require. It ain't like I sell many guns either. One fella backed out saying he wanted to stay under the radar  ::) . I guess he found another route to fly.[size=78%] [/size]
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:50:38 AM »
It is another unenforceable law. The ATF has claimed they haven't the manpower to properly inspect records of the approximately 50,000 licensed dealers, how in hell are they going to inspect the records of 80 million gun owners. Since they obviously cannot, that will be the excuse for keeping permanent records of background checks. Back door gun registration, exactly the thing we feared when the Brady bill was first enacted and the reason that bill contained a provision  expressly forbidding the keeping of records beyond the close of the business day. Thus the "universal background check" which many people favor may actually be the most sinister of all the proposed infringements of our constitutional rights. Confiscation does follow registration as already demonstrated in Kalifornia.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:41:52 AM »
I don't sell handguns to anyone except my closest personal friend.
All other guns that I have sold the buyer must show me their valid drivers license and I copy all the information and make them sign a bill of sale and we both get a copy..

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 07:51:37 AM »
NBC LIED,  :o , how could they!! Never would I'd have guessed, :'( , that such a fine upstanding news organization like them, ::) , could do such a thing. Next thing ya know,  8) , the folks that run the Nobel Peace prize organization, will want one of their prize's back, :) . gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman