Author Topic: Is it a good price?  (Read 777 times)

Offline urjustamemory

• Trade Count: (0)
Is it a good price?
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »
I found a T/C Encore at my lsg shop for $695, stainless with out sights and a 204 barrel on it. I am wanting to know, is it a good price? I was going to ask the owner if he could move on the price a bit but I didn't as I dont know if that was a good price or not. He also has 2 22-250 barrels selling separate for $275 a piece.

I am not really fond of the 204 but I figured if I bought it I could always try to barter a trade with it for another barrel.

They also have a Pro Hunter in 7mm-08 for $710

Thanks

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Is it a good price?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:27:29 AM »
That is the going price for new if it is used then he is around 100.00 too high.
In my area you can pick up a like new but used Encore depending on stock and barrel from 475.00 to 595.00 but prices differ in other areas. I bought my first pro hunter from ED's contenders new out the door for 610 with a scope base.Look on Ed's web site that will give you an idea of what barrels and frames and stock sets are sellong for.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »
Ask the owner if he would keep the 204 barrel and put the nicest 22/250 barrel on the rifle. Then offer maybe 100$ less.  ;)

Worst that can happen is he could say no.

:D
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »
While it's true that prices can be localized to where the seller is... the Internet has bridged a lot of miles and educated folks on what may be going ball park prices.    It's been a lot of years since I bought the Encore's I had, so I am not a good judge on what current trends are.   Even so whether it is a good price for a buyer could depends on the buyer.   Do you want it right now and can afford it at that price?   Even if that works for you will the seller substitute the 204 for a 22-250 barrel if you want it more - or sell it with no barrel at all if not?  You could always sell an unwanted barrel, just takes the time, maybe a delay using the frame is all if you can't also buy the barrel you want until you sell the other.  Or would you rather wait and try to find a better deal with the barrel you do want to start out with?   Only you can decide.   The up side is there are lot of them out there in excellent condition even if used and many of them will come up for sale eventually.   ;)

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 06:17:19 AM »
I found a T/C Encore at my lsg shop for $695, stainless with out sights and a 204 barrel on it. I am wanting to know, is it a good price? I was going to ask the owner if he could move on the price a bit but I didn't as I dont know if that was a good price or not. He also has 2 22-250 barrels selling separate for $275 a piece.

I am not really fond of the 204 but I figured if I bought it I could always try to barter a trade with it for another barrel.

They also have a Pro Hunter in 7mm-08 for $710

Thanks

Way too high in price:

Used plain Encore with 240 Ruger barrel, no more that $450 if its spotless.

Used Pro Hunter in 7mm-08 Remington, no more that $550 if its spotless.

No more that $200 for each individual used 22-250 Remington barrels, if they are spotless.

I wouldn't buy it at all if the barrel is not what you really want.

I strongly suggest your look at auction sites for rock bottom deals in the cartridge you desire.

yooper77

Offline lepcur

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
I have to agree with yooper.