Author Topic: New Barrel  (Read 1433 times)

Offline godogz

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
New Barrel
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »
Just got off the phone w/ customer service to order a new barrel. The barrel I want has a limited supply, so we did the work order and I will send it out hopefully tonight when I get home from work. Customer service told me that since I have a work order number, barrel will be held for me. Is this a common practice? Person on the phone seemed very polite, we didn't take that long and I hope the whole procedure goes smooth. I forgot to add  the trigger job that I have read on different posts that others have had done to their handi's. Do they still do these, and can I just write it into my work order form that I printed off that they sent me?

Offline hoytcanon

• If there is a season for it... I have a pot to cook it in.
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
  • Handi's and Henry's... a perfect partnership!
Re: New Barrel
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:19:26 AM »
Call the polite person back and ask...
Hoyt Handi's; Ultra Black .22 K-Hornet Shorty, Black Synthetic K-Hornet Shorty & Nickel .410 Combo (sons), Ultra Granite Grey .22 BR Rem, Ultra Nutmeg .223 & .30/30 Shorty Combo (sons), Ultra Forest .223/7mm-08 Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest .243/.308 Combo, Ultra Nutmeg .243/.308 Combo (sons),  Jacaranda/Cocobolo .30/30 & 7.62X39 Shorty Combo, Ultra Black/Stainless .260 Rem Stub, Ultra Black/Stainless .338 Federal Stub,  Ultra Grey .358 Win, Ultra Grey .35 Whelen, Walnut/Cocobolo Mannlicher .357 MAX, Buffalo Classic Mannlicher .44 Mag Shorties w/NDS-38 peeps (X2; Sons & mine), Ultra Grey Stainless .45/70 & .243 & 20 Gauge Combo, Buffalo Classic 26" .45/70, 9.3X74R Mannlicher, Synthetic Nickel .410 & .30/30 & Versa Pak .22 LR Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest/Cocobolo 12 Gauge 3.5" Turkey; Most scoped with DNZ or Dura Sight one-piece bases and Mueller, Hawke or Nikon scopes... several with Skinner Peeps and Williams Fire Sight ramps.

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
I would wrap on note around your receiver and secure it with a rubber band. That always worked for me. ;)

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
I'd call and make sure it's on the Madison repair order otherwise it might be ignored by the gunsmith, in addition add a hang tag to the trigger guard so the gunsmith will see it. The details of their policy on trigger jobs is in the FAQs sticky, sometimes they charge depending on the current pull weight.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline godogz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »
Sounds good guys about wrapping a note to trigger guards. I didn't get the Reps name or extension, or I would probably call back. I am just afraid that if I change the order that I may mess up in not getting a barrel. Barrel is more important to me than the trigger work.

Offline ousooners1baby

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • If you got a PC question, just ask!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 09:00:28 AM »
Well? Get that trigger job done?
Thanks, Jer

Offline chamois1

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »
Sent my receiver in for a 35 Whelen with sights and a trigger job about two weeks ago. Just wrote to please do a trigger job on the repair order and it woked for me, but wrapping a note around the trigger guard would be a good idea. I was very pleased with the service. It only took 5 work days from the time I mailed it in until I had it back. Great service.

Eddie

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »
Sent my receiver in for a 35 Whelen with sights and a trigger job about two weeks ago. Just wrote to please do a trigger job on the repair order and it woked for me, but wrapping a note around the trigger guard would be a good idea. I was very pleased with the service. It only took 5 work days from the time I mailed it in until I had it back. Great service.

Eddie

Please post in the Ilion Satisfaction Poll to keep it current.

thx,

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,150915.msg1098634010.html#msg1098634010
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »
Just got off the phone w/ customer service to order a new barrel. The barrel I want has a limited supply, so we did the work order and I will send it out hopefully tonight when I get home from work. Customer service told me that since I have a work order number, barrel will be held for me. Is this a common practice? Person on the phone seemed very polite, we didn't take that long and I hope the whole procedure goes smooth. I forgot to add  the trigger job that I have read on different posts that others have had done to their handi's. Do they still do these, and can I just write it into my work order form that I printed off that they sent me?

So unless it's a secret, what are you getting?

Tony

Offline chamois1

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 10:21:56 PM »
Thanks Tim

I didn't know about that poll. I have posted my above post to the Ilion poll.
Chamois1
Eddie

Offline godogz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »
No secret - 30-30 barrel, along with a hand-grip stock. According to UPS its due to be back today - about a 2 wk turnaround. I am eager to see it and will post to the poll hopefully after work today. I wasn't getting any special calibers so didn't think to post it. The op was made because I didn't know that they reserved a barrel when you called in to set the work order up.

In the long run, it probably would have been cheaper to just buy the new 30-30 handi I wanted but  I couldn't find one. Where else would you get a new handi that was a 30.06, 20 ga (SC2 combo) and 30-30 dressed in a Handi-grip - all under $400? I am glad that tax money came in, or it would have been hard to justify to the sweet lady who balances the check book for me.

Offline godogz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 02:17:58 AM »
Everything came in, and it appears to be even better than the original set-up if that is possible. Lock-up feels better than the original barrels, and the new stock seems to fit like a glove. Especially w/ the 30-30 sights. Can't wait to get out and field test it.

Offline godogz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
my father in law holding new get up. has the 30.06 barrel back on it.