Author Topic: Keep it civil.  (Read 14848 times)

Offline SAWgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
Keep it civil.
« on: July 31, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
Respect each other's opinions and do not flame (meaning that you will not attack each other).  Other than that, keep up with the interesting posts.

SAWgunner

Good words and easy to understand, Sawgunner, wherever you are.  Because of the sensitive and controversial nature of the subject topics in this forum, and the strong feelings of many members in this forum; ridicule, inuendo, accusations, or any personal attacks aimed at other posters will not be permitted in any way. If you post in such a manner expect to have your post removed or modified by the moderator. This can happen with or without notice from the moderator.

Thanx for your cooperation in keeping Graybeard's a topnotch site which we all can be proud and informed.

TM7
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Re: Keep it civil.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
Ok,
This is the TRUTH, LIES & CONSPIRACY forum so if you have no interest in such I would recommend staying out of here just to prevent any problems later.

NEW RULES:
1) EVERYONE GETS A VOICE and is allowed to state their own opinion / fact / evidence / what ever on any topic in here.
2) There will be NO WARNINGS on personal attacks toward other members 1st time and you are gone from GBO I don't care if you are a mod or how long you have been a member. GBO Rules has stated such for almost 15 yrs now but we have not held people to it but I will on this forum.
3) Stay on topic or create a new thread. Only exception to that rule is if you are discussing relevant topics that can be tied to the topic being posted in. ( my discretion as to if on topic or not and if not posts will be moved or split )
4) Debate the topics only and not your opinion of another member.
5) Anyone breaking the rules will be banned without any warning for not less than 3 months.

example of acceptable debate:
member 1 :  Fluoride is killing Americans and causing all kinds of health problems  (source blah blah )
member 2 :  I worked for our local water department here in blah blah and they have removed it from our water after blah blah
member 3 : I don't feel that there is anything wrong with it and will continue using toothpaste and blah blah with it in it
member 4: I have been ingesting it for years and have not seen any signs of problems personally
member 1: @member 2 Glad to hear that maybe folks in your neck of the woods will see lower cancer rates blah blah @member 4 Glad you are healthy but is it really not bad or just not causing you problems ? A search of local records might paint a different picture.
member 4: Good point maybe a little research is in order to find out to bad I dont have time to do it.

Now in the above there was a difference of opinon but the topic did not turn into a pissing contest

example of unacceptable debate:

member 1 :  Fluoride is killing Americans and causing all kinds of health problems  (source blah blah )
member 2 :  I worked for our local water department here in blah blah and I asked my boss about it and he said that it is nothing but a bunch of bleeding heart tree hugging liberal saying that.
member 3 : I don't feel that there is anything wrong with it and will continue using toothpaste and blah blah with it in it and I know there is nothing wrong with it so why don't you go put on your tin foil hat
member 4: I have been ingesting it for years and have not seen any signs of problems personally and I have very white teeth because of it so when the aliens come to pick you up why not ask them
member 1: @member 2 Well that is because your boss is an idiot and so are you if you believe them. @member 4 Glad you are healthy but is it really not bad or just not causing you problems?
member 4: I know what I am talking about because I know everything about everything and if you listen to the conspiracy nuts then you must be one too.

Now if you can not tell the difference between the ATTITUDES portrayed  here then you really needs to find a different forum to hang out in.

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I WILL SAY THIS " PLAY NICE YOU GO THE HELL AWAY"

I doubt any of us will agree on everything and if you cant figure out when it is time to agree to disagree then I DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.

I am tired of how topics in this forum always turns into a pissing contest IF YOU DISAGREE STATE SUCH AND CONTINUE ON but do not make an attempt to ridicule another because you think they are nuts / idiot / stupid what ever the case may be... Guess what I bet many think the same about you but one thing is for sure and that is THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO HASH SUCH OPINIONS OUT.

Any Questions ?

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline josiah712

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
As a beginner on this site, I am very impressed by the level of courtesy and respect that I see here at GBO.  The exception so far, being this section.  It seems that most posters here are very angry that some of us believe there are conspiracy facts, rather than just theories.  They have no interest in investigating the strange behavior of our government, which is suppose to be a servant government.  Rather, they just come here to rage against, and hopefully silence those who would speak of such things.

I certainly agree with this thread.  Thanks Matt.  And as for TM7, I have seen your composier in facing some very nasty ridicule, and I will say - You have a lot of class.

As for anyone who does get outed from here on a suspension, may I suggest Craiglist Rants and Raves.  You can be just as hateful and foul mouthed as you like there; it's all part of the game. 

"It is when the people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains"

Patrick Henry

Offline josiah712

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:22 AM »
Will do, thanks for the perspective.
"It is when the people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains"

Patrick Henry