Author Topic: Nothing to Hunt  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Nothing to Hunt
« on: February 19, 2004, 03:45:17 PM »
I hate this time of year.  

Deer, goose (dark), duck and crane season is all over. :cry:

I guess this is the time of year to save money for next falls hunting.

I hope to have me a Topper Deluxe for my collection by next fall.  I usually take my NEF for a few of my waterfowl hunts a year and would like to try the vented barrel.  

Do any of you know if the Deluxe barrel will be available on the barrel program in 2004?  I would rather just buy the barrel than the whole gun.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Nothing to Hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 03:51:48 PM »
i hear that the barrel will be out this summer.  so i guess you should be able to get on in time.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Highbrass

• Trade Count: (0)
Nothing to Hunt
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 04:02:50 PM »
Are there no spring turkey hunts in Oklahoma :?:  :?:  :?:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Nothing to Hunt
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 04:36:37 PM »
I feel your pain. I'm busy for the early seasons here and the last part of the seasons always seems to go so fast. We have a spring turkey season here but I've never done any and it's begining to be the busy part of the year at work so I miss that too. Oh well, like you said start saving for next year I think a Topper DEluxe classic is in my future as well.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Nothing to Hunt
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 01:51:31 AM »
Around here some varmints like 'yotes, crow, and ground hog are fair game year round.   You could always 'hunt' clay pigeons, they are never out of season.

It's also getting near time for the spring sportmans shows.  So you can drool over all the new goodies or plan that hunting/fishing trip for next fall.

I need to get my fly rod out and start throughing some loops.

This is not a bad time of year at all.

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Nothing to Hunt
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 07:21:05 AM »
Here in NY we can still hunt grouse, rabbit, coyote, gray squirrel and several other small game species...Red squirrels are fair game all year around.  I know one red squirrel that is going to get some attention from me this coming year...It's the same red squirrel that busted my a couple times while ground hunting in an apple orchard...Every morning I would hunker down to hunt in that spot because of the tremendous amount of deer traffic that it experiences...About 7AM or so that little red bugger would peek its head out of its hole in the ground and jump up onto a near by branch.  It would then procede to chatter at me for what seeme like 15 minutes...Probably let a whitetail or two know where I was camped out.  Hopefully that little red will poke its head out again when I am out there looking for it.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Nothing to Hunt
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »
Highbrass

Turkey starts around the first of April.  I usually don't hunt them due to not having private land access.  I am a public WMA guy and from my experience public land in Oklahoma isn't the greatest for turkey.

WNYW

Good luck with Mr. Red.  I hope he tastes good. :lol:
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31