Author Topic: 45-70 high performance in the H&R  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: 45-70 high performance in the H&R
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »
400gr Speer Flatnose Soft Points.  I use RL-12, he uses RL-7.  Sky has some loads he has worked up using a 500gr cast bullet.  Don't remember what his load is, but it has more recoil than my .338 Win Mag.  He wants to use it for Grizzly this year. 

We are now allowed to shoot one Grizzly off our bait station for Black Bears.  A Grizzly will come in and homestead the bait station till it's all gone.  This makes it dangerous for the baiter who might come in while the Grizzly is on the bait.  It also opens the Bait Station back up for Black Bears.  We have had problems with Grizzlies on our bait stations.  KP can tell you about that.  A Grizz kept him up a tree all day.  Been there done that myself. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.