Author Topic: 300 AAC readily available?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
300 AAC readily available?
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
I was looking at my local gun shop site, he's hooked up to the National Gun Dealers Network, and it lists 10 300 AAC in stock.  Priced is $339.55.  First time I've seen them listed.     

Added:  It's listed as Advanced Armament not H&R.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 300 AAC now available?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
AAC is the distributor that special ordered them from H&R.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline v8r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: 300 AAC readily available?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:13:08 AM »
looks like a cool little rifle if it was available in a caliber that was easy to locate ammo for. 300 AAC would be a cool round, but I havent seen any on any store shelves around here.
V8r's Handi collection.
H&R Ultra Varmint .223
H&R Topper 158 .22 Hornet
H&R Classic Carbine .45 LC
NEF  .357 magnum
H&R "Golden Buffalo" Buffalo Classic 45-70
NEF Pardner !2 Gauge

Offline gcrank1

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:23 AM »
I locate ammo in my reloading room.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline FPH

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
looks like a cool little rifle if it was available in a caliber that was easy to locate ammo for. 300 AAC would be a cool round, but I havent seen any on any store shelves around here.

Academy carries the ammo here.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »
Like there's an Academy everywhere!!  ::) :-\ :P Never heard of em except for mention here.

Tim

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreLocator_10151_10051_-1

Offline FPH

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
Like there's an Academy everywhere!!  ::) :-\ :P Never heard of em except for mention here.

Tim

They are a big discount store here.  I assumed they were across the country......sorry.......my mistake.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »

Tim

They are a big discount store here.  I assumed they were across the country......sorry.......my mistake.

That would be nice if they were, same goes for Bass Pro, nearest Cabela's is 120 miles away, no Gander Mtn here either!  :-\ 

Tim

Offline eskimo36

• Trade Count: (156)
    • Adventure Rider
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 03:56:48 AM »
When I don't reload, I hardly ever buy ammo over the counter.  Online stores for all of it. Dallasreloads.com has been my place of choice here lately for a couple of calibers
"one shot is usually enough"

Offline FPH

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 04:41:09 AM »
Yea we have no Bass Pro, Gander Mt. or Cabela's.  I usually hit them when I drive to the Dallas area.  We only have Dick's and Academy.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 04:41:56 AM »
If you have a $30 set of dies, a trimmer, and some 223 brass you have ammo. You can use just about any 308 dia bullet- for 30 carbine - 30/30- 308, does not matter what it was designed for. ( Actually, you could use 222, 17 Rem, 204 Ruger brass ) I never cease to be amazed at the number of people (myself included in the past) that keep looking for the ultimate "deer" gun or long range rifle. I find that I almost never shoot those. Deer season is 4 weeks a year. Unless you are in Wyoming or such, you have to be very careful where you shoot, very few ranges that long, and neighbors that get rattled and think you are blasting. This is quiet, very quiet, even unsuppressed, very cheap to reload, and can be used for small game all the way up to deer. Also, I dont know how it is where you are, but just 24 hours ago I watched bricks of 22 LR ammo go at auction for $70, several of them. There is better chance of finding oddball ammo than ANY cartridge that is used in a semi auto anything. Wal-mart here has 7mm mag, the WSM's, a few 25/06 all the time, they have not set any 22 LR on the shelf since New Years. ???
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Ol BW

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 04:52:52 AM »

Tim

That would be nice if they were, same goes for Bass Pro, nearest Cabela's is 120 miles away, no Gander Mtn here either!  :-\ 

Tim

"This place must be a geograpical odditiy!  It's 2 days from everywhere!" George Cloony in Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

Tim, you aint missing much.  In my experience with Bass Pro, Gander Mtn., Academy; they're out of everything and/or overpriced to boot!

I was in Nashvegas last week looking for reloading stuff and went to every store there thinking they would have what I need since they were a big store in a big city.    Finally one store sent me to a little shop in a little town that had most everything in stock!  I was like my girlfriend in a shoe store.  I spent almost an hour just looking around!  They had .22lr, .223, and was getting a shipment of 9mm in while I was there.  They also had primers, bullets and powder.  You could tell that they were lower stocked than normal but they still had stuff!  They did not however have any 300 AAC ammo cause there was a guy there looking for some.

If it weren't for the guy at one of the stores telling me about this little shop, I would have never known about it.  I was about to drive another hour to another big store that carries most everything gun related.  I probably would have been disapointed again.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:28 AM »
That is true, the greatest gun store I was ever in was in a town of 215 people. Back in the 90's I heard of a store in Blairstown Mo, and a friend of mine and I set out to find it. We did. It was an old brick building that took up a whole block. There were no display racks, rifles were in boxes stacked like cordwood. He had over 100 Remington 700's IN STOCK. I bought a then brand new 35 Whelen and a Rem 870 Special field for just over $500. I only went back once, and later I heard the old man died and his family sold it, I don't know if it still exists.The fact is though, that these stores, like Love, Shangri La or Brigadoon, are where you find them, but they may be fleeting.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 05:18:18 AM »
Guess I'll have to check out some of the small shops in the surrounding area.  ;)

Tim