Author Topic: UPSET with H&R customer service!  (Read 1141 times)

Offline littledog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • I am a big dog I am a big dog
UPSET with H&R customer service!
« on: May 10, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
 Upset with H&R customer  service !!  Two months ago my wife said she wanted a rifle to go with her Ruger sp101 357 she shoots mainly 38 but can handle the 357 125 grains  after lots research we decided on 357 max in a H&R . I did not want to buy a complete gun from H&R because of the sb1 frames she might want to move up in caliber.  Found 2 sb2 frames for sale call H&R to make sure they would take rifle barrels. At that time they were very helpful I bought the frames and had them shipped to my ffl. Called Boyds stocks my wife picked out a nice nutmeg thumb through stock .On May 3 called H&R to talk about a 357 barrels talked with Brice we wanted sights and a scope mount he said that we could order a 22 inch barrel and order sights separate and have gunsmith drill and tap the barrel then he put me on hold for about 10 minutes he said they had a talo 18inch barrel with sights available. He went out of his way to help me we decided when all parts got here I would call him a set up shipping and order form.  All the parts came in on Wednesday stock looked great and I was very pleased with the frames.  Took    off work Friday morning to get all the duck in a row with H&R call again this time thing did not go well I was told I could not talk with Brice no 357 barrels in stock and did know when they would be in. She   could not and would not check on the talo barrel Brice told me about.  I tried my best to be pleasant  but when I asked to speak with her supervisor  she got very upset  said she could not help me  and hung up on me . Buy this time I am very pissed off I decided calling back in this mood would do no good. Will call Monday over lunch. I hope things go better if not I may have 2 frames for sale and a great looking stock.    :'(  :'(       
DON’T get in a gun fight with a buffalo hunter there is no such thing as cover against a 45 70

Offline craigster

Re: UPSET with H&R customer service!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »
Seems what we have here is some sort of a communication failure.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
Sorry about the confusion that's happened, when ya call back, ask for Jeff Galloway, he's Lisa Walter's replacement, one of the two would be best to talk to.

Best of luck in getting it straightened out.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gjgalligan

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:05:24 AM »
Just a thought.

From May 3 to May 10 it is possible somebody else bought the barrel.
You may have waited too long to do the deal.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 04:19:51 AM »
More likely Brice told Littledog wrong since the Talo barrels aren't listed on the accessory barrel web page, and only those that are can be ordered, the Talo barrels and several others are for repair replacements only.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 05:23:32 AM »
It has happened that those 'repair & replacement only' items do get sold like this, and when it happens one can consider himself lucky. Just sayin' it does happen, all is not lost yet.
The troublesome part of something like this is that for those of us who live by,'a man's word is his bond' that we believe somebody maybe too easily (until they prove they are not to be trusted). Of course you believed what Brice told you, company representative and all. Many of us are more familiar with the experience that not everyone there gives the same answers.
Hopefully your next call is more positive!
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline littledog

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 06:13:37 AM »
 I owe the people on this forum and H&R a apology  The  first two  times  I called H&R customer service the people gave me excellent service and I did not thank them. The third time not so good I should not judge all the people at H&R and thier customer service based on one bad experience. I being new to the H&R rifles and how the barrel program work ignorance does not give me the right complain.  To me common curtsey and politeness are slipping away in everyday life.        :-[
DON’T get in a gun fight with a buffalo hunter there is no such thing as cover against a 45 70

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »
He, if you cant vent a little among friends where are ya gonna do it? No foul, and ya did a 'man-up', so goodonya.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Lonegun1894

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »
Personally, they just impressed me.  I called looking to buy a screw for a front sight, but they refused to take payment and just said they would send it to me.  Now if that wasn't good enough, and they had me thinking which Handi-rifle to buy next anyway without ever even mentioning any of their other products, they said they would send it out in a week or two because they're very busy right now.  So you can imagine my surprize when I got the envelope with the screw in it 4 days after calling them.  Maybe I just got lucky, but someone there is definitely on doing their job and doing it well as far as I'm concerned. 

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »
Littledog,
  Do yourself a favor and PM Brian56. He always provides the best service a person could ask for.  ;)

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
I don't know if I'm the only one here that doesn't get why you're so upset.   You didn't do anything to hold the barrel like put money down and 2 months later when it'd gone you're PO'ed?  I don't think the fault likes with H&R CS...

Tony

Offline catncarp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:08:54 AM »
A while back I had talked to Brian and he said they had a Talo barrel and gave me a part number, I then ordered the barrel and they said they did not have it, I told them the part number and said to put it on the order, I sent the frame in and got the Talo barrel but the price was way up from what I was quoted, but they finally issued me a credit. The moral of the story is this. if the say they have something order it right away and don't wait.
7mm-08,  223, 30-30, 30-30 ai, 357 mag, 357 max TALO, 20 gauge, 50 cal huntsman, 22 mag, 20 gauge smoothbore slug, 30-06-03 target, 20 gauge full,  NRA LIFE MEMBER,

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »
I think your anger at H&R Customer Service is misdirected.  I hate to put it so crudely, but I think the old saying: "You snooze you lose", probably applies in this situation.  You really can't expect someone to hold a barrel for you without a deposit. 

But more likely,  I think quick as usual, got it right.

More likely Brice told Littledog wrong since the Talo barrels aren't listed on the accessory barrel web page, and only those that are can be ordered, the Talo barrels and several others are for repair replacements only.

Tim

Just order the 22' .357Mag barrel, it shoots just a well, as the Talo.  The only difference is the length and weight.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline littledog

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
 It was May third when I walked with Brice about 357 barrels  and I did offer to put to put money down because my frames and stock  had not come in yet  Seven days later when all parts arrived  May 10   I called back. And was told no 357 barrels were in stock. Again I did offer to put money down to make sure I got a 357 barrel when they come back in stock. I was told both times they did not hold barrels. As I said in my other post this is the first time working with H&R barrel accessory program and I was apologetic for my ignorance and offered an apology to H&R customer service on this forum.  Other than two shot guns that served my family well I don't have a lot of experience with H&R rifles. What is common knowledge to many on this forum is a learning experience for me. I now have read all the post and links on H&R handi FAQ page and HANDI BASCIE.  101 and I will reread them again lot of knowledge   in a short time. 

Offline hoytcanon

• If there is a season for it... I have a pot to cook it in.
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
  • Handi's and Henry's... a perfect partnership!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
I know what the party line is regarding barrels for the accessory program; "ONLY the barrels listed can be fit to a frame..." BUT, I also have read repeated accounts on various forums where customers "lucked into" a barrel that was not listed... this appears to be one of those cases... but in the time lapse the barrel either disappeared or the next person you talked to stuck to the "party line." No money down, no harm - no foul... just gotta pick from what is available... or talk to the first guy again...
Hoyt Handi's; Ultra Black .22 K-Hornet Shorty, Black Synthetic K-Hornet Shorty & Nickel .410 Combo (sons), Ultra Granite Grey .22 BR Rem, Ultra Nutmeg .223 & .30/30 Shorty Combo (sons), Ultra Forest .223/7mm-08 Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest .243/.308 Combo, Ultra Nutmeg .243/.308 Combo (sons),  Jacaranda/Cocobolo .30/30 & 7.62X39 Shorty Combo, Ultra Black/Stainless .260 Rem Stub, Ultra Black/Stainless .338 Federal Stub,  Ultra Grey .358 Win, Ultra Grey .35 Whelen, Walnut/Cocobolo Mannlicher .357 MAX, Buffalo Classic Mannlicher .44 Mag Shorties w/NDS-38 peeps (X2; Sons & mine), Ultra Grey Stainless .45/70 & .243 & 20 Gauge Combo, Buffalo Classic 26" .45/70, 9.3X74R Mannlicher, Synthetic Nickel .410 & .30/30 & Versa Pak .22 LR Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest/Cocobolo 12 Gauge 3.5" Turkey; Most scoped with DNZ or Dura Sight one-piece bases and Mueller, Hawke or Nikon scopes... several with Skinner Peeps and Williams Fire Sight ramps.