Author Topic: new projectiles stolen!  (Read 2634 times)

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
Re: new projectiles stolen!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »
I've heard about that too but it would never happen in Oregon.  There's a bunch of protected parks and green spaces in NW Oregon and the deer thrive there.  Even in the country, they head for town most of the time and all the time during hunting season.  Black tail deer hunting is a bitch, no other way round it.

If I could shoot them in my yard over my strawberry plants, I would never have to go hunting...  Anyway we're getting pretty left of field now...

Tony

Offline fast*eddie

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
I have had stuff taken from my garage . I have gotten a bit paranoid and when we go on vacation , I put a trail cam in the garage which helps give me peace of mind . The IR cameras give off a Red Glow when tripped so the next time we go , I will use one of the "Black Flash" cameras .
Semper Fi !

Offline squirrelslayer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
Yeah cuda that town aint the same anymore. I can't stand it.
I hate when i miss. But when I do, I can always come up with a reason why.

Offline cudatruck

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »
Well a little update. There has been a rash of break ins , mostly cars, a couple of garages, and one house burglarized in just a few blocks in a short time. All the neighbors are aggitated. The neighbor directly behind us tried to sell my bullets to a freind of mine! I don't think he did the stealing BUT he knows who did! I'm gonna go talk to him this week. I don't expect any results but i want to tell him his buddies are crapping where he lives! Perhaps he will get the point. My friend Mike, took the bullets, told the guy, "I might know someone interested in them". (Yeah, ME!) So i did get those back. Now if I could just get get the keys back that go to my work.... The sun glasses and the first aid kit are another story.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »
Well a little update. There has been a rash of break ins , mostly cars, a couple of garages, and one house burglarized in just a few blocks in a short time. All the neighbors are aggitated. The neighbor directly behind us tried to sell my bullets to a freind of mine! I don't think he did the stealing BUT he knows who did! I'm gonna go talk to him this week. I don't expect any results but i want to tell him his buddies are crapping where he lives! Perhaps he will get the point. My friend Mike, took the bullets, told the guy, "I might know someone interested in them". (Yeah, ME!) So i did get those back. Now if I could just get get the keys back that go to my work.... The sun glasses and the first aid kit are another story.

WHY HAVEN'T THE POLICE ARRESTED HIM FOR POSSESING STOLEN PROPERTY??

if he doen't testify as to who he got them from........get a sling shot,,,,,don't let him sleep
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline squirrelslayer

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:35 AM »
Good luck getting lincoln pd to do anything about actual crime. There is a huge crystal meth problem in that town now and I'd swear the police don't want to do anything other than pull over soccer moms and sit at starbucks. Truly was not much more than a decade ago that the worst they had to worry about was some good ole boys having too much. What area do you live in cuda? Not by chance over off of first st or hollingsworth area?

Offline cudatruck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
No... we are at 8th and I street. a stones throw from the high school. all my neighbors cars were gone though just like mine. Gonna have a talk with the guy who lives on H street behind us....... You are right about the police they just told me to go to their web page and file a report. great no the only thing they were good for they can't be bothered to even come out and take a report anymore. I have become convinced the police are useless at doing any of the jobs they were originally intended for.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 05:23:28 AM »
You guys ought to fire the whole PD and get some real people in there. 

Our local cops are great.  The Under Sheriff lives about a mile south of me.  If there are any complaints, they're on it like stink on sh-t.  Even minor ones.  They're a great bunch, Michigan's Mackinac County Sheriff's Department.  They don't harass or abuse folks.  They do their jobs and help anyone when needed.  When there is a crime issue, they stay on it and get the culprit.  I can't praise them highly enough, and vote for any millage to support them.  I'm proud to belong the the Michigan Sheriffs' Association.  These guys aren't "Big Brother" waiting for you to screw up.  They're friends and neighbors helping you.  They're so good at what they do, many of us still leave our doors unlocked.  That's how bad crime is here.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline squirrelslayer

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 12:13:10 AM »
We used to have just a few officers and they were pretty handy. You have to think that this is a place that was a small town up to about the mid nineties and then by the early 2000's was rated the fastest growing city in america. We had a huge flood of people from Los angeles and the san Francisco bay area
come in because they loved the "country feeling" and then decided they wanted all the city stuff too. We slowly watched as our favorite parts house got ran out and our little grocery store and our little movie store and every other small buisness. My senior year of high school we drove out to see the new stop light they put in and sat on our tailgates deciding if we could fall it like a tree with a torch. Theres a sea of houses where we used to dove hunt before and after school and a new freeway right through the middle of a set of ponds we traveled 7mi to fish. Now all this can be written off as progress or normal, but I'm only 28! Almost all of this happened in the last 15 years.

Offline cudatruck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:46 AM »
squirrelslayer, My wife is a Lincoln native. We live in a house bought on 8th street in 1984. This is the second time i have seen this happen in my life time. Lincoln is not the only area city to suffer this migration of citified morons. I am an Elk Grove native. That town had a stock/aution yard and they used to drive stock down the elk grove blvd! there was only one blinking red stop light at the main intersection of town. They built a gated nightmare on top of my swimin fishin hole turned it into a private lake! all the fields where we hunted doves and pheasants as a kid are now housing tracts. Have you heard the latest? they plan to widen the sidewalks in lincoln, tearing out the granite curbs doing away with the suicide lane putting in those stupid planter box dividers with trees and shrubs down the center of G street that we tax payers get to pay to maintain and water. Plus they are goin to use brick from gladding mcbean to put brick crosswalks in so our town can look like del paso heights! The people in office in city of lincoln have got to be all imported! No way anyone originally from lincoln thinks this is a good idea.

Offline squirrelslayer

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »
Wow my ole man grew up in eg and a great deal of my family still lives there. He always makes the exact same references as you just did. As for lincoln, as soon as they dropped the grain silos at the feed mill I knew it was gone. I kinda wish they would change the name.