Author Topic: My 30-30 Winchester Shorty (16.5")  (Read 4767 times)

Offline sluggo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
Re: My 30-30 Winchester Shorty (16.5")
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »
...as soon as I purchased my .357 and carried it to the truck, I knew there wouldn't be anything Handi about carrying 8# of bull barrel pistol caliber any wheres. She's at the smithy geting cut and crowned now. After that, she'll be able to stand straight up & down in a scabbard behind the seat.
...there are many kinds of wounded, and only one kind of dead. Do it the Handi way, one shot, one kill.

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2013, 06:29:42 AM »
My Maxi doesn't like this thread.  She has a beautiful grain BC carbine stock, fire sight front and a TC 1.5-5 variable.  So she's a little on the heavy side.  She's intimidated by the hacksaw in the garage and lightweight synthetic stock pictures  on my PC.  Sulking around worrying about my not loving her just the way she is.  Hasn't spoken for awhile.  Poor thing's probably getting performance issues and thinking I'm looking for a slimmer model. 

Next thing you know she'll be wanting to get counseling.  Do Handi's warrant alimony?
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2013, 06:41:30 AM »
Maybe you should readjust your paradigm and decide you really do like the 'full-figured' look in your sweetie......
I am reminded of these words of wisdom from years back,"What a man wants and what he thinks he wants ain't necessarily the same thing"  ;) ; so, proceed with caution.........
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974