Author Topic: A Trigger Job Video  (Read 1003 times)

Offline tmccray45

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
A Trigger Job Video
« on: June 08, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
In these days of YouTube videos, I got to wondering if there was a online video of someone doing a trigger job on a Handi?   I've always wanted to do a trigger on one of my Handis, and have read the various descriptions on how it's done.   I'm sure that the descriptions are complete, but my career path has not lent itself to mechanical fields.   Besides, I've always been a visual person.

If there's not an online video, would someone on Graybeard step forward and make one?   Perhaps it could be posted on this site, or that's not possible, perhaps a link could be posted to the FAQ section.  I really think there are a number of people out there like me - people that can more easily learn something if they can see it done.
"Work: The New Retirement"

Offline snuffy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A Trigger Job Video
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:47:09 AM »
In these days of YouTube videos, I got to wondering if there was a online video of someone doing a trigger job on a Handi?   I've always wanted to do a trigger on one of my Handis, and have read the various descriptions on how it's done.   I'm sure that the descriptions are complete, but my career path has not lent itself to mechanical fields.   Besides, I've always been a visual person.

If there's not an online video, would someone on Graybeard step forward and make one?   Perhaps it could be posted on this site, or that's not possible, perhaps a link could be posted to the FAQ section.  I really think there are a number of people out there like me - people that can more easily learn something if they can see it done.

From your description of your lack of mechanical ability, you should NOT attempt to even start. Getting it apart to start the trigger job is  best done by somebody that has done it before. Springs under tension will take off to parts unknown. THEN getting it back together is the next giant hurdle. It will most likely be a basket case for some poor gunsmith to reassemble.

I won't cut the throat of any gunsmiths on here to tell you how to do it.
plants aren't food, plants are what food eats

free men own guns, slaves don't

the more people I meet, the more I love my dog!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:49:35 AM »
Best to download Perklo's instructions, better than a video IMO, hundreds of members here have done their first trigger jobs, it's not as hard as you'd think, I've done dozens of em, the first one was the hardest tho, took a couple hours, ˝hr now.  ;D

Tim

www.perkloafm.com
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:07:54 AM »
Maybe someone could talk Harry Potterfield into doing a video.  ;D

I know how it would end. He would say, "and that's how it's done." "I'm Larry Potterfield from MidwayUSA, thanks for watchin." ;D ;D

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline craigster

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 04:07:49 PM »

I know how it would end. He would say, "and that's how it's done." "I'm Larry Potterfield from MidwayUSA, thanks for watchin." ;D ;D

Thanks, Dinny

No, no, no, it's  "and that's the way it is."

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »

Thanks, Dinny

No, no, no, it's  "and that's the way it is."
Only if Walter Cronkite made that video. ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline hoytcanon

• If there is a season for it... I have a pot to cook it in.
  • A Real Regular
  • Handi's and Henry's... a perfect partnership!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
I thought it was... "And that's the way the cookie crumbles!"
Hoyt Handi's; Ultra Black .22 K-Hornet Shorty, Black Synthetic K-Hornet Shorty & Nickel .410 Combo (sons), Ultra Granite Grey .22 BR Rem, Ultra Nutmeg .223 & .30/30 Shorty Combo (sons), Ultra Forest .223/7mm-08 Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest .243/.308 Combo, Ultra Nutmeg .243/.308 Combo (sons),  Jacaranda/Cocobolo .30/30 & 7.62X39 Shorty Combo, Ultra Black/Stainless .260 Rem Stub, Ultra Black/Stainless .338 Federal Stub,  Ultra Grey .358 Win, Ultra Grey .35 Whelen, Walnut/Cocobolo Mannlicher .357 MAX, Buffalo Classic Mannlicher .44 Mag Shorties w/NDS-38 peeps (X2; Sons & mine), Ultra Grey Stainless .45/70 & .243 & 20 Gauge Combo, Buffalo Classic 26" .45/70, 9.3X74R Mannlicher, Synthetic Nickel .410 & .30/30 & Versa Pak .22 LR Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest/Cocobolo 12 Gauge 3.5" Turkey; Most scoped with DNZ or Dura Sight one-piece bases and Mueller, Hawke or Nikon scopes... several with Skinner Peeps and Williams Fire Sight ramps.

Offline craigster

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
Or as Adrian Cronauer said  to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt in Good Morning Vietnam, "what it is, what shall be, what it was."

Offline tmccray45

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
I guess I should explain my original request . . .

While I haven't made my living workin' a metal lathe, I'm not a dolt around tools.   It took me about 40-45 minutes to put together my AR-15 lower - no mistakes, worked the first time.

I was just thinking that there are people on this forum that might have done several trigger jobs and could put together a video that would explain their findings and shortcuts.   Kinda a service for the (great) Graybeard community.   This would be an adjunct to the existing text in the FAQ section.

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »
I have one that needs to be lightened.  Let me see what I can do next week after this field exercise.

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline tmccray45

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
I have one that needs to be lightened.  Let me see what I can do next week after this field exercise.

Thanks, Dinny

Thanks, my man.   I knew I could count on a fellow vet.