Author Topic: Bergara barrels?  (Read 903 times)

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Bergara barrels?
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:30:28 AM »
Is the extra $$$ for these barrels worth it?  Is stainless steel worth the extra cost if you plan on good  maintenance practices? 

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: Bergara barrels?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
what extra money? they normally run less than a tc barrel for the encore.

SS is well worth the little extra. Cleans up much easier and doesnt attract rust no where near as easy. Plus its nice eye candy.

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
When comparing cva wolf to accura mr, it seems the only material difference besides price is the barrel.  Are there other differences worth noting that justifies the price differencial?  I really like the accura but is it twice the gun?  What am I missing?

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 05:03:20 AM »
well the same goes for cars, why spend 20k more for a lexus when the toyota next to it is basically the same thing.

Accura V2 has an adjustable trigger, SS barrel, thumb hole stock option. I shoot both and they will do the same job, but the V2 is fancier while the wolf is a " meat and potatoes" gun that will do everything without making you cry when you see a scratch because of the lower cost.

Same goes for the MR, much fancier, built with more engineering to suite  the scoped shooter, handles recoil much better due to the stock design.

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Thanks for comparison.  I have an older wolf but considering upgrade;  Not sure yet if I can justify the acurra mr.  Might get new wolf as I am happy with what I have but looks like new wolf has upgraded stock, QRBP, and bullet guiding muzzle.  I think I would need to buy improved BP to reliably ignite BH-209.  Do I have everything right?  Is the BH-209 breech plug of the quick release design?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »
I'd really look into the new stainless steel Wolf. Sharp looking little rifle.

Yes the BH209 plug is the QRBP design and a great upgrade when shooting all powders.