Author Topic: Mandella critical.  (Read 662 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Mandella critical.
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:21 AM »
Nelson Mandela's health improved  overnight, but he remains in critical condition, South African president  saysPublished  June 27, 2013FoxNews.com
  • South Africa Mandela_Cham(1).jpg
The health of Nelson Mandela, the South African anti-apartheid activist who  spent 27 years in prison before becoming that country's first black president,  has "improved" overnight, but he is still in critical condition, the South  African president's office says.
Before the announcement, a family member told Fox News on Thursday that  Mandela has been on life support.
The treatment the 94-year-old Mandela is currently receiving includes a  ventilator to assist his breathing, as well as renal dialysis. The family has  been given the option of stopping that treatment.
Family members arrived at the Pretoria hospital where Mandela is being  treated and briefly spoke to the media gathered outside. Ndileka Mandela said  that her grandfather's condition was "critical but stable." She also said the  presence of supporters outside the hospital was a "comfort" to the  family.
South African President Jacob Zuma also visited the hospital Wednesday night  after canceling a planned trip out of the country to Mozambique, an indication  of heightened concern over the health of the man widely considered the father of  the country.
Zuma found Mandela to still be in critical condition during the Wednesday  visit and was briefed by doctors "who are still doing everything they can to  ensure his well-being," Zuma's office said in a statement.
Mandela was originally hospitalized June 8 for what the government said was a  recurring lung infection.
South Africans were torn on Wednesday between the desire not to lose Mandela,  who defined the aspirations of so many of his compatriots, and resignation that  the beloved former prisoner and president is approaching the end of his  life.
The sense of anticipation and foreboding about Mandela's fate has grown since  late Sunday, when the South African government declared that the condition of  the statesman had deteriorated.
A tide of emotional tributes has built on social media and in hand-written  messages and flowers laid outside the hospital and Mandela's home. On Wednesday,  about 20 children from a day care center posted a hand-made card outside the  hospital and recited a poem.
"Hold on, old man," was one of the lines in the Zulu poem, according to the  South African Press Association.
In recent days, international leaders, celebrities, athletes and others have  praised Mandela, not just as the man who steered South Africa through its tense  transition from white racist rule to democracy two decades ago, but as a  universal symbol of sacrifice and reconciliation.
In South Africa's Eastern Cape province, where Mandela grew up, a traditional  leader said the time was near for Mandela, who is also known by his clan name,  Madiba.
"I am of the view that if Madiba is no longer enjoying life, and is on life  support systems, and is not appreciating what is happening around him, I think  the good Lord should take the decision to put him out of his suffering," said  the tribal chief, Phathekile Holomisa.
"I did speak to two of his family members, and of course, they are in a lot  of pain, and wish that a miracle might happen, that he recovers again, and he  becomes his old self again," he said. "But at the same time they are aware there  is a limit what miracles you can have."
For many South Africans, Mandela's decline is a far more personal matter,  echoing the protracted and emotionally draining process of losing one of their  own elderly relatives.
One nugget of wisdom about the arc of life and death came from Matthew  Rusznyah, a 9-year-old boy who stopped outside Mandela's home in the  Johannesburg neighborhood of Houghton to show his appreciation.
"We came because we care about Mandela being sick, and we wish we could put a  stop to it, like snap our fingers," he said. "But we can't. It's how life  works."
His mother, Lee Rusznyah, said Mandela had made the world a better place.
"All of us will end," Thabo Makgoba, the Anglican archbishop of Cape Town,  said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. "We just want him  to be peacefully released, whatever he's feeling at this moment, and to be  reunited with his Maker at the perfect time, when God so wills."
The archbishop said: "Ultimately, we are all mortal. At some stage or  another, we all have to die, and we have to move on, we have to be recalled by  our Maker and Redeemer. We have to create that space for Madiba, to come to  terms within himself, with that journey."
On Tuesday, Makgoba visited Mandela and offered a prayer in which he wished  for a "peaceful, perfect, end" for the anti-apartheid leader, who was taken to  the Pretoria hospital to be treated for what the government said was a recurring  lung infection.
In the prayer, he asked for courage to be granted to Mandela's wife, Graca  Machel, and others who love him "at this hard time of watching and waiting," and  he appealed for divine help for the medical team treating Mandela.
Visitors to the hospital on Wednesday included Mandela's former wife, Winnie  Madikizela-Mandela. The couple divorced in 1996.
Mandela, whose 95th birthday is on July 18, served a single five-year term as  president and afterward focused on charitable causes, but he withdrew from  public life years ago and became increasingly frail in recent years. He last  made a public appearance in 2010 at the World Cup soccer tournament, which was  hosted by South Africa. At that time, he did not speak to the crowd and was  bundled against the cold in a stadium full of fans.
On April 29, state television broadcast footage of a visit by Zuma and other  leaders of the ruling party, the African National Congress, to Mandela's home.  Zuma said at the time that Mandela was in good shape, but the footage — the  first public images of Mandela in nearly a year — showed him silent and  unresponsive, even when Zuma tried to hold his hand.
"Let's accept instead of crying," said Lucas Aedwaba, a security officer in  Pretoria who described Mandela as a hero. "Let's celebrate that the old man  lived and left his legacy."
Greg Palkot contributed to this report.
The Associated Press contributed to this report

Read more:  http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/27/family-member-mandela-on-life-support/?test=latestnews#ixzz2XQCbArAg
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
Re: Mandella critical.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:09:56 AM »
 I'm afraid others will have to pray for that old Commie, I personally saw what his "policies" did to South Africa, not to mention what the ANC did beforehand. I hope he made his peace with God or he will likely end up with one of those 'Freedom Necklaces"* on for eternity. (* tie a person's arms to their sides with barb wire, shove an old car tire down around their shoulders, fill with gasoline, light, and "enjoy" the support of Bishop Tu-tu and other RocknRollers)

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:47 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, Mandella was nothing but a fore-bearer of the scourge we are now stuck with.  They can both go to hell and the world will be the better for it.
Swingem

Offline boarhuntr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 06:57:10 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, Mandella was nothing but a fore-bearer of the scourge we are now stuck with.  They can both go to hell and the world will be the better for it.

Yawn.  I could care less about this guy. His ilk only knows how to protest. Once they are in power they run the country into the ground.
Mao Tse Tung was like that. Good at grabbing power but had millions slaughtered and impoverished the country. Mandela is no better. Only the liberal presses around the world make him out to be a hero that he is not.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
Yikes... thought I'd stumbled into a Klan meeting...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 03:08:34 AM »
 I'm against Communism (in any form) with "Extreme Prejudice", I don't care what their skin color is. Apartheid was corrupt, sure, but when it was in effect, SA was "the" major place where the rest of Africa wanted to go work...check it out now. Only color I can honestly say I "hate" is Commie RED (not Native American, lol)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 03:21:12 AM »
Yikes... thought I'd stumbled into a Klan meeting...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Just compare BM (Before Mandella) with AM (After Mandella..
  BM.. South Africa was a nation counted among the industrialized nations of the world.  It produced cars, armaments, medicines and was a relatively crime free society.

AM... Look at it!  Their industries are in shambles, little if any real development issues from  the Union of South Africa..
      And crime is rampant in the Mandella society..  Look and see for yourself!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 05:51:08 AM »
I'm against Communism (in any form) with "Extreme Prejudice", I don't care what their skin color is. Apartheid was corrupt, sure, but when it was in effect, SA was "the" major place where the rest of Africa wanted to go work...check it out now. Only color I can honestly say I "hate" is Commie RED (not Native American, lol)
I see. Is South Africa a communist country, now? I've never been there, and don't follow it closely - fill me in. What was it that was corrupt about Apartheid?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:22:09 AM »
 It is "technically" a Constitutional Democracy, ran by Left Wing Commies,( with all the voter repression, rigging, fraud along with it!)  That way, they can keep getting funds from the U.S. and support from other radicals.  I call Mandela a Commie because he was with the ANC when he blew up a woman and her child, which sent him to prison. The ANC were (are) an extremely brutal and violent group.
  The part of Apartheid that is often vilified in films (violence) were the extremes, but the idea was to return the tribes ownership of tribal lands, all they had to do was build something on it. Since they were kept to low end jobs, if any, they had no money to build with, so they built shanties. The shanties created health hazards, and were often razed, which, of course, was "their land", so that created friction. When moved to govt housing ( i.e. Projects) they trashed them in protest. They wanted to go back to their shantie (their own land).  I'm not defending Apartheid, it was very repressive but even under it, it was possible to get work, even for legal immigrant workers. When Mandela got power, he "opened the borders" to "all our friends" and they swarmed it like locusts, bringing crime, hungry and sick people, with no jobs ( 17 million in Joberg back in '96!)  Mandela gets his little kingdom set up ( like all good Politburo) and  SA has been ruled by either ANC or ANC (African National Congress i.e. commies) backed rulers ever since. It has all the ear marks of failed social policies and is very "reverse-discriminatory"; I have friends over there, visited three times myself...bad mojo. I mentioned elsewhere that the last time I was there (2002) the unemployment rate for white males was 54%. I don't know what it is now.  Its a beautiful, rich in resource country, and incompetent people are in charge. The rulers keep the people stirred up against each other, both tribal and racially. Our country gives them bookoo money, especially for AIDS ( they have a pill that if a pregnant woman w/AIDS takes it, her baby will be immune to it.) However, the rulers won't distribute it, they don't want to take care of the babies.  Its a shame. The blacks are dying off like flies from it, and no one seems to care. All good Commies, like the Nazis, prefer the weak and infirm and undesirables to be removed, by one method or another. I met many Christians when there, of all races, and they just want to get along together, its the rulers who are getting rich and letting the country go to rags. Sad.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:17:18 AM »
hey both the U.S.A. and USSR are republics ! So what's in a name ? Actions are more reveling  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Anna

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »
South Africa under Apartheid had some of the worlds finest physicist and research labs.
Some were 10 years ahead of anyone else including the US.
SA was very close to perfecting the Casium project, a lay over from the incomplete Bell project
so well known as from the Nazis during WW2. Their thinking was why try to change things as they
are now? It would take huge army's to do that. But how about a simple radio signal sent back to
a time that it would matter and only change one small event?

Catastrophic Paradox, we could be speaking German now. It was so well known this was going on
back then it inspired an author named Larry Turtledove to write a book about it called the guns of
the south. In which Apartheid actually tried to change the course of the American Civil War.
In favor of the south by introducing the AK47 into that conflict in order to stop what we are seeing
now or what happened to Apartheid. Interesting book it made little sense back then but if you read
it now the parallels are remarkable to what we are seeing today if it had never happened.

Did Casium work? We would never know but the entire world one day just decided to jump all
over Apartheid. Except Israel Apartheid's best friend at the time and supposed recipient of all
that technology. But did someone else get it also? Would explain a lot of things going on in this
country today wouldn't it? Not a conspiracy theory this program did exist and had a lot of people
nervous back then. Fall of the Soviet Union, destruction of SA, Israel alone fighting on her own.
But still arrogant enough to tell all of them don't try it or else. The wrath of God could also
work in strange ways don't mess with Israel.

Israel would know her enemy's positions and intentions before those enemy's could ever conjure
them up. Including us or anyone else, that tiny radio transmission would be more powerful than
the bomb. In fact it would render the bomb as only a tool and not a deterrent.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 05:06:01 AM »
The guy is 94 years old, if you want to keep him, put him in a cryogenic box.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 07:50:01 AM »
I was surprized when a reporter in Africa said some there said he was a good man but he lived a long life and it was time to let him go.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 12:06:02 PM »
While I am no fan of apartheid or colonialism, the final result of the natives "throwing off the colonial yoke", has been a disaster for most African nations.  It seems as if these same folks or their parents, were better off when they lived in countries called Southern Rhodesia and etc.  Just look at Southern Rhodesia, mines, farms, plantations and well on it's way to being industrialized.  Now after "liberation", all Zimbabwe has to offer seems to be a pile of rocks called "Zimbabwe" which tourists can gaze upon.
  Then there was the "Belgian Congo", gradually taking it's place among the nations.. progress slow for sure, but progress nonetheless.        ...But the ANC and others convinced The people that they must be "liberated" from the oppressive white government.  The result?   They soon had Idi Amin, a dictator who brutalized his own people..and stored some of their bodies in freezers..for his persona; "consumption"..
   Check the history; almost all the newly "liberated" African nations immediately lapsed into dictatorships..

I say Again;    Be careful what you wish for.. you may just get it !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)